Innovative Marine Aquariums

Carpet surfing...

fawkes027

:( My firefish (Pyro) went carpet surfing earlier today. I'm not sure how long it was for as I wasn't home. My mom found him and put him back in the tank. He's not looking so hot. He's all crusty and sitting at the bottom of the tank. Breathing deeply (not fast, just deep). He did eat. Is there anything I can do or is this fish a goner?
harbingerofthefish

IMO remove it.

If the dive didn't kill it, it's a miracle. But the fish can pick up crap off the carpet/floor.

I had bettas jump an land on the counter, no telling whats n that counter.

A few days went by they were fine but afeter a few more strange things happened to thier body. Must have been cleaning pord. etc...

well if the fish is already in the tank, the damage to the tank is done. So as long as you can keep an eye on it I would leave it in. Totally not related, but to give you hope, my pl*co algae eater jumped out of my FW tank and flopped about 10 feet and was out of the tank for about 5 hours. I scooped him up, put him in some water, then the tank, and he is still alive 2 years after his adventure.

Alright well he survived the night. Still acting odd, but he's looking much better. He was only out maybe a few minutes.

As for the floor, landed on a freshly swept floor so I'm hoping things will be okay. Everything else looked super this morning. Am hoping he'll recover. He looked much better physically. Just still breathing kind of odd. Still hanging around the bottom of the tank though.

My freshwater fish jumped out ounce, and had carpet stuff on him. When I put him back in the tank, he would always lie on the bottom. But he surived for 2 years after that, so theres hope. Unless saltwater fishes are more delicate.

Archived