SaltCritters.com

squami

hickncali

now i have seriously lost it. As if a 2.5 was not enough for me. I went and added a 2.5-3inch squamosa clam to the tank. I have had it in there for several days now and it is opening up very nicely. Muhahaha, what's next? any ideas. And yes i know already that i need more corals. but what kinds should i put in here.

yea i have a 29 gal that has been running for several months that has a 6 in squamosa in it. So once it does get to big it will be moved too a bigger home.

Yea, talk about a lucky guess. Thats what everyone is telling me about the black sand, but so far i have not had a problem with it. At least none that i know of. So any ideas of what i should put in there coral wise?

yea i picked it up in AZ. i picked it up at Aqua touch. If ya never heard of them their website is www.aquatouch.com. The people there are very helpfull on any questions that you have. Pricing is is ok, but i would not recomend buying any hard ware for you tank their cause of their prices, other wise livestock is nicely priced.

Yeah, awesome store, I've been there a couple times. Long drive from Chandler though! There selection is great, love that they hold the livestock a few days before putting it up for sale too.

yea, it is a long drive, but for live stock i would have to say it's pretty much well worth it(plus it get me away from the family). Do you know of any other stores in this area. i know of only 2 more, ocean floor and aquarium arts. But any suggestions on what i should use to fill the rest of the tank with.

hickncali, there is a small store on Alma School and Guadalupe by Nello's pizza. It's called All aquatics- www.allaquatics.net Small selection but have some nice corals in a big reef tank for sale...not so good for fish. A new place that I like is on Ray rd over by Old Navy at 4729 E Ray Rd Suite 3 Phoenix it's called Ocean Arts Aquariums...it's in the area of the AMC 24/Babies R Us. They have nice fish/invets selection...prices range avg to high there though.

TiGs- what white stringy things, am i missing something. There is a few zoos, the are in the bottom left corner, just not all the colorful. Brown with a green dot in the center.

Beaker- thanks, ill have to check them out some time this week when i find the time.

The pic of the clam that u posted on this thread, there are some white fuzzy stringy thing that looks like it is attached to the clam shell. Just wondering what those are.

ecto plasm, i dont know. i must be blind, cause i dont see what your talking about. copy the pic and circle what your talking about, and post it back on this thread. cause i am dead lost.

Originally posted by TiGs

What are those white stringy things on the clam shell?

Tigs,

You're seeing the clam's shell and the ridges in it I am guessing.

:)

sailfiin- thanks, and nope im not part of DSP, but that 10% is sounding pretty good, ill have to look into it. Does DSP have a website?

jdsabin1- thanks, i was starting to think that i was loseing it.

lol DSP? no its DMS Desert Mairne Society, we meet the lat thursday of every month in phnx. we also have a club board at http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay...p?s=&forumid=67 also a bunch of folks from the DMS are also in FRAG we meet the 1st and 3rd sat. of every month at round table pizza in chandler, there is no membership for frag as it is a inforaml meeting of local reefers, to trade and talk about reef keeping. DMS is a not for profit orginization that has yearly dues, i believe they are $20.00 per year. we have raffles, bring in great guest speakers......ie Bob Fenner, and micheal Janes to name the last 2.

Frag is also on reefentral under http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay...?s=&forumid=228

hope to see some new members, there is a frag meeting this sat it is from 4pm till 6pm all arer welcome to come.........

BTW i am muzzelfuzz on reefcentral

TiGs- I dont know the fance name either, but it is part of the shell. If anything beaker is on the right track. As i said its part of the shell, just about every clam shell for sw tanks have them. when i was doing some reading a few years back before i got into the hobbie, a book was saying something about it being used as a means of which to help hold the clam hold itself between rocks when it was open.

Archived