SaltCritters.com

Who wants some? Lunchbuckets CRAZY 20H 1yr pics!!

Lunchbucket

You and your low light tank! I don't see how those corals even live. you might want to try 1000w over a 10 so you can keep more than shrooms.

Damn! I love the Calc reactor on the 20. Good Job, Lunch, the Growth on the Cap in a few months is amazing.

that gives me flashbacks of my 20 gallon....

However, I don't think it was executed with same skill you have put into your tank.

The tank is sweeet!!

Is that encrusting stuff front and center a species of montipora??

If so, I used to have some of the same stuff and do sorely miss it. Let it encrust the world!!! If not, excuse my excitement.

You and your low light tank! I don't see how those corals even live. you might want to try 1000w over a 10 so you can keep more than shrooms.

LOW LIGHT...nah that is THE RIGHT LIGHT...like i could get by w/ 2x36w PC's...that is HILLARIOUS!! i think this light is optimal for this set up

Is that encrusting stuff front and center a species of montipora??

yep it is an orange monti digitata...it is encrusting like a MO FO...but finally starting to branch!!

Those are some nice birdsnests you got there

yep got 3 and LOVE them all!!

i Love my set up and i think it is working for me. it would have seen MORE growth but i didn't acclimate the corals to the new light very well so it stunted them...really didn't see them take off till about June

Lunchbucket

Lunch:

I agree. Perfect Light. A 2x36 is still 2x36 no matter what size tank. I have 300w of VHO over my 20 and still want more light. My one shroom doesn't like it, but tough. If I Had the "head room" (more than 3 inches as I currently have) I would definitely put a 250 DE or a 400 over my 20. And of corse you make me want to reconsider the 175 over my 18H. Shoulda went 250.

Do you have a chiller on that thing?

Jahkaya - glad someone agrees w/ me about HIGH LIGHT!!

palaegic - geeze can you be more cordial...hmm maybe this is PART of the reason i don't visit here much anymore. that and hardly anyone else wanting to do halides, ca reactors, and high flow on small tanks...when you KNOW what you are doing and people STILL insist you are crazy...why bother

Lunchbucket

Grossly misunderstood Lunch. Respect and envy painted with sarcasm. Your tank is stunning.

I'm not mean, I just type that way. And I actually used 175W MH over my 20 - when it was up. Right now I just pretty much get to wish that I had a tank like yours. By all means stick around and help the cause.

Its cool seeing the tank that used to be loads of small frags is now loads of awesome colonies. Kickass tank dude. I love the monti growing up against the glass. That digitata that did all that encrusting is awesome too.

Dont worry Lunch, I get called crazy from time to time for putting two 150w mh 20k's and one 65w actinic over my 20 long hehe. I just say yeah, I have issues =).

palaegic - understood sometimes people online can't get across everything like they would want to...oh well it is cool man

thanks everyone!!

Lunchbucket

Nice work Lunch.

Good husbandry, and not too jammed up with junk like many Nano- seem to be in the recent trends.

Keep it growing strong ;)

Archived