Top Shelf Aquatics

Suggestion for fish for my new 7 gallon minibow???

cliffrouse11baseball

A clownfish would be a good choice, lots of personality. Right now I have a 6 line wrasse and a yellow watchman goby in mine. *** The wrasse is constantly swimming around and picking at the LR and subsrtate, the goby I never see, it stays hidden in it's cave behind the LR.

***don't bother with the 2 fish in a 7 comments. TYIA.

cajastan,

Do you have any inverts in your tank? I read that the 6 line might pickk on them. I have a pistol shrimp/watcman and a cleaner shrimp. Would like to get the 6 line but don't want it killing my shrimp.

I agree with Cajastan (I have a maroon and had a yellow watchman goby in my 7G for 9 months until taking the goby out to my 10G). A firefish would do good as well as a neon goby. Others have bar gobies as well.

six lines are very active. mine is tiny and swims thru these small hole in the rock work.

firefish spends all its time in the back of the tank.

in a 7 you should really only have one fish. get yourself a dottyback or a percula or a six line wrasse. very active and fun to watch.

I see this 1 fish for 7 gal all the time. What is it you base this on?

I can guarantee that a 7 gal can handle significant amounts of fish bioload if it is set-up properly. I've successfully done what most people say won't work in a 7 gal for over a year.

Probably, I have a large cleaner and had a med sized yellow coris wrasse (~3"), and there weren't any problems.

A friend had a pretty large (4-5") wrasse that tore up a couple of small peppermints, but we never tried a large cleaner with it.

ranford's goby's are really sweet. prett colorful fish to. you might even be able to get another small fish in a seven with them seeing as how they are so small. maybe a neon goby or a neon green babded goby.

Archived