Coral Vue Hydros

Upgraded!

Jenny_RS

Okay so here goes nothing. I looked everywhere and could not find the tank that I wanted. I did some thinking and decided that it was about time that I upgraded instead of downgrading. It was probably the best decision as I'll have more room for error now and well....I have been wanting to upgrade for quite some time now just didn't think it was the right time. So I picked up a 16g tall and added some new sand. I transferred everything from the 12 & 3g tanks and just need to add some more rock. here is a pic of it so far. I need to get a new air stone for my skimmer and i need to get a bigger filter as the one i had before no longer works so all i have on it right now is a topfin 10 filter (rated for 10g's and under) so those are two things i need to pick up next week after i get paid. the cloudyness is from some new sand i added so i'm just waiting till all that dissipates so i can do some aquascaping with my rocks etc. and i am still waiting on the new light fixture.

0902012152000.jpg

what makes you say that?

Airstone-driven skimmers are very inefficient, and you would really need a skimmer if you have difficult corals like SPS. For the filter, you can have a successful tank with the live rock and regular water changes. But, if you read the articles at the "information" tab at the top left of this page, you will understand what I'm talking about.

ah. i knew that. lol thanks, i learn something new everyday. i think i was told that before but i vaguely remember. well at least i dont have to worry about the airstone then.

Archived