Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My New 20 Gallon Long

malibumike

Right now I have 5 nass , 5 trochus, and one turbo in my 20l Your list sounds pretty solid.

Awesome sand! Wished I woulda put more in mine.

How many pounds of sand?

Right now I have 5 nass , 5 trochus, and one turbo in my 20l Your list sounds pretty solid.

Awesome sand! Wished I woulda put more in mine.

How many pounds of sand?

Trochus are nice looking, I may get those instead of astrea. Thanks!

I've got 30lbs of of argonite in there.

Was a tough decision between a 29 and a 20L, but took this route knowing my light isn't the greatest and I would probably get the most intensity out of it with a shallow tank. Can't wait to get some corals in there! Taking things slow now that everythings set up though, will probably wait another week or more to make sure all reef conditions are correct and consistant. In the mean time I will continue to read up on what i'm interested in buying. Thanks for looking!

Love, love LOVE your 'scaping. You've made great use of the entire tank and it looks really nice. Looking forward to following your build.

Cool fishies too :D

Nicely done! I have the same lighting on my 10G and was hesitating using it on the 20L I'm starting but it looks good!

Love the sand too, looks like a sugar sand. Really gets me wanting to start my 20L now....

Love this tank style! Where can someone find this size of aquarium?

I would try checking you local fish store. This is an all-glass brand tank, you may be able to find it at petco or petsmart as well. dimensions are 24L x 12W x 12H.

A 24 x 12 X 12 would be a 15 gallon tank. A 20 long is 30 x 12 x12. I love the 20 long. I'm tempted to either do a 20 long or a 30 breeder for my next tank. Sweet aquascaping though! Love the caves!

A 24 x 12 X 12 would be a 15 gallon tank. A 20 long is 30 x 12 x12. I love the 20 long. I'm tempted to either do a 20 long or a 30 breeder for my next tank.

you're right my bad, I have a 15 gal also (too many tanks goin on at once).... 30 length is the 20L. nice catch!

What's This? I was away over the weekend, just got home today and found this growing...Doesn't look like aptasia, does anyone know if it's bad/good etc?

DSC00175.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. It has been awhile since I updated this post and just wanted to mention nothing has changed with this tank. I'm extremely happy with the setup, as our it's inhabitants. I think ceelston worded it best, there's really no reason to change anything, especially if it isn't broken. I totally agree! I have however been playing around with the 15 gal I set up for my bedroom. It's basically a clone of this tank, just a bit smaller. I just purchased my first coral today, pulsing xenia, and really hope that it takes off..any tips or advice you may have would surely be welcome. It's been in my smaller tank for a few hrs now and still kinda looks pathetic. Hoping it will fully acclimate in a day or two? Anyways, as soon as it does i'll post some pics. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

I think your sandbed is one of the best I've seen so far, looks amazing with the elevation changes, gives depth and a real natural feel to the tank.

Archived