Cultivated Reef

Is This Too Much?

TANMAN5192

IM CONSIDERING THIS FOR MY ECLIPSE 6 NANO-REEF TANK.

10 bLUELEG HERMITS

2 FIREFISH GOBIES

1 GOLD STRIPE MAROON CLOWN

1 CAMELBACK SHRIMP

IF NOT OK, TELL ME HOW TO MODIFY IT.

WOULD THIS OVERLOAD THE TANK?

ANY COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS?

IS 26 WATTS(1-13 WATT ACTINIC AND 1- 13 WATT 10,000 K PC FLORECSENT) ENOUGH LIGHT TO SUPPORT ANENOMES, BRAIN, POLYP, LEATHER CORALS?

2 too many fish for that tank. I think firefish are a bad choice for suck a small tank personally....they may hide alot but they like a lot of roaming room.

Cameron

IS 26 WATTS(1-13 WATT ACTINIC AND 1- 13 WATT 10,000 K PC FLORECSENT) ENOUGH LIGHT TO SUPPORT ANENOMES, BRAIN, POLYP, LEATHER CORALS?

if i cange the camelback to peppermint shrimp

the 26 watts is plenty for all but the Anenome. Anenomes are generally not beginner animals and some do not even belive they belong in a tank. Stick the Brain towards the top of the tank and you should be fine. I would still shoot for 3x13. Stick with one small fish unless you like to do water changes twice a week. You may be able to get away with one false perc or 2 neon gobies. you may look into an HOB fuge to add volume and stability to your system.

do know any one that has a yellow strip maroon I had one as it got big I she became very aggressive and a moroon clown would kill or starve out an other fish in 6 gal not to mention the bio load

how about

1 fire fish

2 hermits blue or red legs and some extra shells

3 astrea snails

1 peppermint shrimp or skunk

and shrooms and polyps

stay away from anonemes (ultra hard to keep in a nano)

start with polyps and shrooms

I agree with jahkaya on the lighting

and hold of the brain untill every thing has been up and running for 4-5 months

Archived