SaltCritters.com

Inline TDS meter

NanoReefNovice

That .8 is just the chemical they add to get you to shop more at walmart.

For $20 I think I'm gonna pick one up. I use tap because I'm too poor for a ro/di system, and also have nowhere to set it up in an apt.

I have the inline one, it works great. My Ro filter is not plumbed, its portable. I think one BIG thing to remember is when you first start your RO filter the water coming out is NOT low in TDS. This is one great feature of the inline TDS meter. You start your RO filter, then turn on the inline TDS meter and when the TDS drops to 0ppm dump out your bucket and then start filling again...at least that's what I do.

You buy the solution and then dip the Tee into the solution and use a screw driver to adjust. I bought the inline Tds meter and for fyi they do have a margin of error of +/- 2 percent per instructions. So when you first install and after breaking in....just read the meter where it's at and when it goes up 5 tds time to change membrane..At least that's what I have researched so far. just my opinion before an expert jumps all over my post. I love mine though....

But how would you run a calibrating solution through it?? :huh:
NanoReefNovice
You buy the solution and then dip the Tee into the solution and use a screw driver to adjust. I bought the inline Tds meter and for fyi they do have a margin of error of +/- 2 percent per instructions. So when you first install and after breaking in....just read the meter where it's at and when it goes up 5 tds time to change membrane..At least that's what I have researched so far. just my opinion before an expert jumps all over my post. I love mine though....

Thanks for the info :happydance: ... I figure a 2% margin of error on a zero TDS reading is 0. NO?

You can also get 0 tds water that is confirmed from another tds meter and then set your to zero if it different. You shouldn't have any problems though. They are great

Edit- the handheld ones imho are easier to calibrate because you can just test in a cup.

NanoReefNovice
You can also get 0 tds water that is confirmed from another tds meter and then set your to zero if it different. You shouldn't have any problems though. They are great

Edit- the handheld ones imho are easier to calibrate because you can just test in a cup.

Dude... your killin me. I keep on trying to flick that bug in your signature. :lol:

Archived