ReefCleaners.org

anenome problems

kato

ok so i got an anenome about a month ago and as soon as i put it in my tank 10g (i will get in to that l8er) it went right for the LR and went in one of the cracks so any way today it decided to come out for watever reason. so my question is how can i make it stay in one pernament spot? i want to plant is foot on a small peice of LR that i have.. is this possibe?

so this is the anenome in question

33932867.jpg

tank

10g nano

6 pounds of LR

crushed coral

1x anenome

1x peppernint shrimp

1x pc lights 28 watt coralife

aqua mini filter and fluval 301 powerhead

They usually never stay in one spot. They might for a while but they usually move as they grow or as conditions change, waterflow, lighting, food, etc.

Try feeding it every few days and see if that helps it stay put.

It probably won't stay on the rock you want it to. The only safe way to relocate it is to wait until it detatches from a rock and then move it to the place you want it.

I would just let it go where it wants to.

ok thnx for the help

so my next question would be is it reef safe i have been getting mixed views on the anenome and the peppermint. i just wana find out iff these guys are realy reef safe

Well my friend has one in his reef so I would have to say yes it is reef safe.

All anemones will sting other corals if it comes into contact with them.

Condy's are known to move a little more than other anemones.

The sting can hurt and possibly kill a coral, depending on the coral and the severity of the sting. Thats why most people don't recomend keeping a anemone in a small tank. I have a BTA in my nano so when it starts to move a little I usually move some corals away from it.

My BTA has stayed pretty much in one spot for about 4 months now.

i wouldn't add any corals until you anenome has stopped moving. if you provide it with enough light circulation food and goor water quality then it should find it's self a happy little corner of the tank and chill out there. other wise you 'll have to keepo moving you coral around.

Archived