Pod Your Reef

Mighty Mite Faucet Adapter Issues!

Deleted User 6

Deleted User 6

So, I got my Mighty Mite in today, hooked everything up, and the bottom part of the faucet adapter pops off. It's got this piece of metal wire that looks like it secures the piece into the adapter but now I can't get it to stay connected - any water pressure and it pops off. Anyone had this happen?

Pics:

Faucet adapter

post-35397-1233356685_thumb.jpg

Wire

post-35397-1233356696_thumb.jpg

Wire in adapter

post-35397-1233356709_thumb.jpg

I think you should contact them, pretty sure they will take care of it right away.

I just tried putting replacement cartridges on my Mighty Mite that I've had for a year now, and the fitting going into the first cartridge (carbon cartridge) insists on leaking.

I think I might know a way to fix it, but if I can't I know I can email AirWaterIce tomorrow and they'll take care of it.

So, I got my Mighty Mite in today, hooked everything up, and the bottom part of the faucet adapter pops off. It's got this piece of metal wire that looks like it secures the piece into the adapter but now I can't get it to stay connected - any water pressure and it pops off. Anyone had this happen?

Had a similar problem when I first got mine, and they sent me a new adapter.

As it turns out, I think the one you have (with the black turn-style knob) was the wrong size for US fittings, so they replaced it with one that has a push/pull silver pin. That was a number of months ago, so who knows if they are still using the same fittings.

Deleted User 6
Had a similar problem when I first got mine, and they sent me a new adapter.

As it turns out, I think the one you have (with the black turn-style knob) was the wrong size for US fittings, so they replaced it with one that has a push/pull silver pin. That was a number of months ago, so who knows if they are still using the same fittings.

Ahh...gotcha. Yeah, I've emailed. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Mine came with a (I guess) white gang valve w/ blue handle to open and close the water flow... but nowhere is it listed on the parts or on the website... does anybody know where that goes? I did email them, but they didn't respond...

FYI - mine was the black handle type & works great...

Thanks-

Dave A.

Mine came with a (I guess) white gang valve w/ blue handle to open and close the water flow... but nowhere is it listed on the parts or on the website... does anybody know where that goes? I did email them, but they didn't respond...

FYI - mine was the black handle type & works great...

Thanks-

Dave A.

this? http://www.airwaterice.com/product/FASTFLU...Restrictor.html

or this? http://www.airwaterice.com/product/DIBYPAS...s_assembly.html

Just like the by-pass but without the 3rd place for the top hose... it is just an 'open-close' type of valve

hmmm....

i'm not really sure. it definitely isn't a flow restrictor or flush valve? can you post a pic?

Yeah... it was attached to the unit when I got it and they had stuffed it in the unit under the other filters... it's not at the end like it shows in the photo..

Archived