Pod Your Reef

stevie t protien skimmer

tinctorus

Hey steve any plans to make your own protein skimmer?

Im sure you could easily make something similar to the tunze 9002 especially since its a rectangular skimmer and this way you could make it to your own specs and improve what you thought needed improvement in the original tunze

Im sure you could easily make something similar to the tunze 9002 especially since its a rectangular skimmer and this way you could make it to your own specs and improve what you thought needed improvement in the original tunze

if it ain't broke don't fix it. the collection cups are sweet, ordered mine yesterday.

He can't just copy their design. I would assume they have patents.

:ninja:

Right now no. I have my time wrapped up in media baskets and other products for the AIO tanks. Skimmers are harder than they look. Sapphire seemed to have issues releasing one for the Biocube 29 and they have a team of people, I have one on the payroll, myself.

In time, yes if the market is right. The Tunze is a great skimmer, yet it has a round cup. So I filled the void by making a rectangle cup. Simple is the plan for growth right now. I can put together a media rack in under two weeks, a skimmer takes much more time and electricity is scary

:scarry:

if it ain't broke don't fix it. the collection cups are sweet, ordered mine yesterday.

:D thank you. I knew right away who it was by your email address

he should and sell em for 50$ shipped

and they might be $50 in quality, who knows. I need an engineer. My media racks are about that shipped, a skimmer, you crazy kid.

He can't just copy their design. I would assume they have patents.

Good point. I haven't been to jail in over two years, I would like to say out ;)

:D thank you. I knew right away who it was by your email address

Thank you. Without the rectangular cup my latest project wouldn't be possible. It's a secret though, I'm not telling :ninja: (in case it's a diabolic failure).

Thank you. Without the rectangular cup my latest project wouldn't be possible. It's a secret though, I'm not telling :ninja: (in case it's a diabolic failure).

wooo interesting. Height is OK right? I can make it shorter if you want.

bah ok it was worth a shot

I should be ordering my tunze with my tax return along with a media rack from you and one of your skimmer cups and a new halide fixture for the rsm

wooo interesting. Height is OK right? I can make it shorter if you want.

nah, not necessary. height isn't an issue. thanks for the offer though!

I should be ordering my tunze with my tax return along with a media rack from you and one of your skimmer cups and a new halide fixture for the rsm

i wish i had tax reterns to do that with but i dont lol

Thank you! you will really like the MH light. What one are you going with?

nah, not necessary. height isn't an issue. thanks for the offer though!

Shipping on Monday

Thank you! you will really like the MH light. What one are you going with?

Shipping on Monday

The same one you went with i really like the current unit

I have the one with dual 150 wat halides,4 t5's,and 18 lunar lights on my 65 gallon that im trying to sell and i love it

Archived