Innovative Marine Aquariums

Post your stock Fishneedit Pictures here

cuboy

yeah it's probably aluminum, feels cheap like plastic when i pick it up.

I'm comparing it to my 12" current dual satellite on my 3g pico. So I don't have experience in larger lights on the feel of their construction as I pick up the fixture and what not.

Have you tried both, or are you basing that on others opinions about the fishneedit light?

Anyone else??

I have the 48''Hellolight t-5 tek5 knockoff Fed ex delivered on Saturday(suprised as I didnt request weekend delivery). A fellow local reef'r in my local club has MH and T-5 from fishneedit. I have seen the MH but to be honest I have never seen his T-5 in person as he got them a cpuple weeks ago. Going by his opinion more than my own in the way he compared them to the HL lights as he has seen mine and his own.

One other thing he pointed out was that his fishneedit lights reflector was short on each end and were cut crooked. He said they felt lighter than my HL lights. For the price you cant go wrong with either sets.

If I need a MH and t-5 setup I would get the fishneedits. But if I was going to have just a single light fixture I would go with the HL lights. But that might not be an option if they are sold out.

2x24w stock bulb

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

4x24w stock bulb

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

4x24w with ATI blue special, actinic, blue+ and KZ fiji purple

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0377-1.jpg

nice pics. all i know is im going to get the 2x250mh and 2x2T5HO from there and connect them.

Any one able to get a measurement from the tank to the top of the t-5 fixture??

I will be posting my pics on tuesday when mine comes in..

IT IS 3 INCHES from the top of tank to bottom of fixture,and about 5 inches to the top of the fixture!

i'm going to order this light on Saturday does anybody have a 2-14k and 2-actinic setup thats what i was looking at but want to see the color first.

i'm going to order this light on Saturday does anybody have a 2-14k and 2-actinic setup thats what i was looking at but want to see the color first.

yeah thats the exact same thing i was thinkigna bout ordering but not sure. i like the way it looks but just not sure on how the fixture runs. either im getting the odyssea 640w 2x250w 2x96w or the same as you but

odyssea i will just upgread ballast for free. odyssea=$356.14(thats with tax from my lfs) or the fni for $388.17 and im getting 100 less watage on the halide lol wait i take it back. two 150s not 250's thas 200w's less then i want. my tanks a hardcore sps tank lol plus the light has to go also about 2' down and reach the bottom of my tank lol.

Here are the pictures of my fixture. I got it the other day and so far, it is a great fixture.

I ordered the 2 x 14k and 2 x Actinic Blue bulbs.. Here is a picture:

post-41331-1233818747_thumb.jpg

get rid of that actinic and get another blue +

thats what a lot of people keep telling me =( i probably should, but i like the color right now. maybe next time when i do a bulb change (ouch, another 100 bucks worth of bulbs) ill get another blue+

Here are the pictures of my fixture. I got it the other day and so far, it is a great fixture.

I ordered the 2 x 14k and 2 x Actinic Blue bulbs.. Here is a picture:

post-41331-1233818747_thumb.jpg

ohh is that 2x250w(14k) or 2x150w(14k) that looks really great and i might just go with that instead. ill just do a diy on getting some leds into that.

iguess next week ill be order 2x250w(14k) 2xActinic with that MHL kit.

ohh is that 2x250w(14k) or 2x150w(14k) that looks really great and i might just go with that instead. ill just do a diy on getting some leds into that.

thats a T5 light not MH

Archived