inTank Media Baskets

PLacement of kenya tree coral

Guy

I have a nice piece of kenya tree coral that I picked up a few weeks ago.

My tank is a 29 gallon. (not really a nano, but I had to consolidate everything from my 2-10 gallons into one tank) running a 250 watt Mh 12k sunburst in a horizantal pendant suspended about 10-11" over the tank.

I had the coral placed roughly half way up in the center and it looked good and expanding until yesterday when it wasn't opened up well at all, but not looking desperate either.

Should I look for a new location in the tank or is this just normal.

PS- i raised the hood during the first week or so to acclimate the coral. The tank the coral came from was lit by MH as well.

Guy

Give it a couple days. I'd also check your params to make sure everything is good. I've had capnella close up for days on end just to reopen. If your params check out good then patience is key. It's possible that something in the tank decided to play with it (my maroon periodically knocks a stalk around a bit however it's gotten used to it now). HTH

Ox

• 2 weeks later...

My capnella will fluff out nicely then for no reason shrink down sadly for hrs or even a day or two but that long is rare. It almost seems to be random but the above post makes perfect sense. SOmething is tickling it. Mine grow like weeds and sway gently in the current and really add a nice touch. Too bad they are beige.

Archived