Coral Vue Hydros

Return pump making a lot of noise

nyfishguy

One of the little powerhead/return pumps on my RSM just started making alot of noise about an hour ago so i took the top off, took the pump out and cleaning it with some white vinigar and put it back in and no luck. any suggestions on how to quiet it down or should i just get a new one

thanks everyone

I would inspect the Impeller closely. Its possible a bushing/grommet spacing is off, allowing contact between impeller blades and housing. Im not familiar with the pump you have, but thats really the only place I can think of for a contact issue in a waterpump. Hope that helps. -Zach

I would inspect the Impeller closely. Its possible a bushing/grommet spacing is off, allowing contact between impeller blades and housing. Im not familiar with the pump you have, but thats really the only place I can think of for a contact issue in a waterpump. Hope that helps. -Zach

http://www.aquariumpart.com/Red_Sea_MAX_Re..._p/rrs40252.htm

this is it

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty straight forward. Another common cause for noise is an air pocket...try submerging the pump, and with it running, rotate it around in every direction and see if you cant get some air out of it.

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty straight forward. Another common cause for noise is an air pocket...try submerging the pump, and with it running, rotate it around in every direction and see if you cant get some air out of it.

tried that....i jst sprung and ordered a new one. 25 bucks after shipping...not too bad

Archived