Cultivated Reef

does chaeto eliminate green water

fuzzyfishy44

I am sur eI will catch flack for this from members but...

Even a seaclone will do better then a RIO. infact if you don tmind a hang on skimmer like that I would suggest a seaclone. I had one on my 20L for years and loved it. Just change the stock valve for an inline valve so you can adjust the flow better and your set. Mine pulled out some crap for what it was. Another good HOB skimmer is a CL super skimmer. a bit big for your tank but it will do the job and then some.

The skimmer market it huge. I am sure you'll find the right one for your tank.

Just stay away from prizm, and Current ! they are CRAPOLA with a capitol CRAP !

thanks for the suggestions, i look for a seaclone when i go(im sure they'll have one) :)

err.. you wont' find it for 80 bucks in a store. my LFS carries it for 160.

here's a link so you can see what we are talking about.

drsfostersmith.com

I have the money im just trying to save some so i can afford more corals and stuff, I only have a crappy skimmer cuz its what my neighbor gave me but i geuss i have to get whats gonna work.I did though make my own ghetto skimmer that worked deadly untill my dog tore it to shreds

yeah sucks. if you run some filter floss to clear up the water you should be fine. After a few days of that canister filter being out of the system you will have clear water again.

You don't NEED a skimmer btw. Just weekly 10-20% water changes should handle you for a while. At least until your tank becomes more stocked.

yeah sucks. if you run some filter floss to clear up the water you should be fine. After a few days of that canister filter being out of the system you will have clear water again.

You don't NEED a skimmer btw. Just weekly 10-20% water changes should handle you for a while. At least until your tank becomes more stocked.

wow, really playin hardball there, ohwell, ill invest my money in a good skimmer. and do you think i could put filter floss in the canister filter and run it for a couple days and then put it in my HOB filter

Um I am not sure what you mean by your first sentence?¿ But I suppose if all you ran in the canister was filter floss for a couple of days it would be alright.

Um I am not sure what you mean by your first sentence?¿ But I suppose if all you ran in the canister was filter floss for a couple of days it would be alright.

did you mean that the skimmer in the link sucked, cuz if you did i meant your really not making it easy for me to pick a filter.And yah. i think im gonna run some filter floss through the canister.

I didn't answer your skimmer post question because I have no experience with the skimmer. I don't want to give bad, or miss leading advice.

Try searching that skimmer here on the boards and abroad with a search engine. From the picture it looks ok. has a rio pump though. Never been happy with RIO anything. If in fact it does work then thats a nice price.

I'll go and see what I can dig up also.

I didn't answer your skimmer post question because I have no experience with the skimmer. I don't want to give bad, or miss leading advice.

Try searching that skimmer here on the boards and abroad with a search engine. From the picture it looks ok. has a rio pump though. Never been happy with RIO anything. If in fact it does work then thats a nice price.

I'll go and see what I can dig up also.

Alright thanks, i looked up the filter and it sells for 150 at the lfs here, i might look into it cuz the guy selling it is pretty close to where i live

Well from what I have read if it is the Needle wheel impeller version go for it. If not don't, the old model does not work as well.

I emailed the guy and prob wont get a response for a little while, ill tell you what he says though, fingers crossed

The Propagator

That would be a fine skimmer for your system.

BUT not if your tank is sitting on a table and not its own stand.

I say this because it is a tall skimmer and will not sit right otherwise.

You can get a seaclone 100 from pets mart for about $100 BTW.

Around here you can any ways ?

Archived