ReefCleaners.org

Other than DTs Marine Phytoplankton?

Siejuban

I use E.S.V. Spray-Dried Marine Phytoplankton. It comes in a 2oz clear bottle with a white pop-top lid. The powder inside is a tan color. Has a tiny little spoon. Supposed to use 1 spoon for 20g of water per day.. I have a 35g and one bottle last about 2 months with everything growing quite nicely..

HTH,

Chele

PS. It is kept on the shelf but needs to be refridgerated once its opened.

I use Marine Snow, made by Two Little Fishies, all my filter feeders are doing well and multiplying and it hasn't caused an increase in Nitrates.

has anyone tried V8 juice?

or "borneman's own" special sauce? :x

i've been thinking about trying both but i've been busy battling nutrient levels from a cowfish with IBS :angry: and dinos & slime from a possible ots situation, i.e. lazy gluteus.

i hear the v8 composition is very good, heavy beta carotene but i'm concerned about possible sugars and preservatives(?). borneman's concoction is doable but messy and sounds suspiciously like work.

V8 huh?!?! WoW, gotta look into that one! LoL Seriously though, I will have to stay posted to this thread, so I can see what everyone has to say about the V8 juice!! LoL

DvS

really, i'm serious. i think tangster over at about.com's sw forum mentioned it a couple of years back. i've wanted to try it but i had the kent's stuff and wanted to use it up. then they came out with chromaplex, so i had to try that afterwards.

the carotene is very critical. it acts complementary to the chlorophyll enabling the use of blue light spectrum specifically. it also is pigment and vitamin qualities. i would think it's more criticial with stonys than my softies (only gots a couple of open brains) so i never really looked into it.

the planktonic stuff i used was more for system-wide feeding. kinda of a base of the food pyramid thought process. i'll try it out for you then. ;)

Archived