Coral Vue Hydros

Ecotech mp 20

colgan10

Ok so i got the Vortech mp 20 in today and i have it in my tank running on the short pulse mode. It is making a very nice wave right now. I was just wondering if the short pulse mode is the best mode to have it on. This guy can really put out some flow. Anyone out there with any experience with these pumps?

I figured I'd make a thread with what seems to be working for me the best. I have it on short pulse mode with it turner up to 60 70% its only in a 29g biocube and the pulse rate is pretty quick. I have a great wave and will post a movie of later.

What are other peoples mps set to out there I just want to get the feel for what other people are doing with this pump. Thanks.

I usually alternate between the short pulse wave for a few days then move it into reef crest random (yellow) for a few days. Reef Crest seems to give the best random fluctuation, but I think it's not a bad idea to change it up every now and again.

yea that is what i was getting ready to ask...how much should it be turned to in my 29g on the reef crest mode....i mostly have sps. Thanks for the reply's everyone.

In my BC 29, I started at full and it blew my acans around too much, so i backed it down to 3/4 but since I've returned to max and the acans can inflate normally.

I go both ways B) . I will do short pulse for awhile and then random reef (yellow). I like how short pulse gives a nice wave but you have to put the pump close to the top. For reef crest I will move the pump farther down in my tank.

Archived