Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fishneedit... anyone dealt with?

phaze5

I think this light is junk.I modded mine as said above and still have bright and dark areas.I think the reflector is just junk in general.I also cut the sides of reflector and bend up so no light just leaked out the ends of it.this did not help either.Its not easy to notice on area with rock but bare sand spots can see it...........I also dont like how the bulb just about touches the glass.I will be sending email telling them i want a new 250 reflector which im told doesnt have issues.

this is my fish need it light. its a 36" over a 20L tank. its REALLY bright, and not nearly as blue as the picture makes it seem.

these are two 20k white bulbs and two blue actinic ones, stock bulbs from FNI.

bottom line, i like the light a lot. for 100 bucks, i cant expect too much, but i could care less about the fixture itself, all i cared about was the light reflected on the tank, and its a lot.

post-39224-1234233942_thumb.jpg

this is my fish need it light. its a 36" over a 20L tank. its REALLY bright, and not nearly as blue as the picture makes it seem.

these are two 20k white bulbs and two blue actinic ones, stock bulbs from FNI.

bottom line, i like the light a lot. for 100 bucks, i cant expect too much, but i could care less about the fixture itself, all i cared about was the light reflected on the tank, and its a lot.

looks nice. ill be ordering my lights next week. see how they go. 2x250w mh 14k, 2xT5HO 50/50 or all blues dont know.

just ordered...150w metal halide 20k bulb from fishneedit $142. and change shipped. I will write a review when I recieve the product

peace

D

Adkins - I tried your mod on my light and I still had a dark line. I think it might have something to do with the cheesy front and back sides of the reflector that face the ends of the bulb. I was checking out another fishneedit fixutre a guy in my club had that was bought awhile back and it had a different kind of reflector in it. Since the light kind of looks like an aquamedic, I called them up and ordered a reflector for I think $11 shipped. It wasnt an exact fit, a little smaller than the original, but I got it in and now the line is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

found fishneedit here in a post,

i had gotten a used 150w coralife pendant with a 10k bulb from a friend

i used the bulb for sometime without knowing how old it was, it was old tho lol.

anyways i did not have the cash at the time to buy either a radium 20k or a phoenix 14k so i went ahead and got there(fishneedit) 14k 150w de bulb for 20 bucks! its a great price and the bulb is beyond great.

it has a really crisp/blueish hue to it, i like it alot, it really blew my expectations of the bulb i thought was going to be just cheap.

i should have over 150 hrs on the bulb now

i emailed them about a t5h0 fixture that was out of stock, he told me that it was out of stock due to them getting newer and better ballasts, so perhaps they have gotten better ballasts, then again i cannot comment on them as i havent got a fixture from them only a bulb, shipping was fast, 2 day priority from califronia, bulb was well packed.

i am planning to order from them again soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone that has this fixture tell me how wide the mounting brackets are? I'm designing an acrylic tank and need to design the top brace to accommodate the bracket feet of this fixture.

from what I am reading no one is having any issues with the 250 watt is this correct? also is this way to much for a biocube 29 if I am taking the hood off?

thanks guys

Archived