Innovative Marine Aquariums

filter for a 2 gallon

emmanuel

I'm built a 2 gallon cube and was hoping to use a fluval 304 with bulkheads for a clean application(nothing hanging over cube) It seams like it won't work cause the fluval is heating up the tank by 7 degrees .

Is an aquaclear 50 good enough for this 8x8x8 cube ?

Is it very quiet ? This is going in my bedroom and needs to be silent (I have a palm that is barely quiet enough)

Any other filter anyone can recomend I tried just a rio 50 Powerhead but it was too loud.

I'm built a 2 gallon cube and was hoping to use a fluval 304 with bulkheads for a clean application(nothing hanging over cube) It seams like it won't work cause the fluval is heating up the tank by 7 degrees .

Is it very quiet ? This is going in my bedroom and needs to be silent (I have a palm that is barely quiet enough)

Any other filter anyone can recomend I tried just a rio 50 Powerhead but it was too loud.

An 8x8x8 equates to 2.2 gallons filled to the top, so it is safe to assume about 2 gallons of water, What will be inside the tank is the question before any advise can be given with the best results in mind. Is the tank glass or acrylic? I have been in this hobby for over twenty years and work with acrylic on a daily basis as a hobby. Im sure we can figure something out for you with the aesthetics of the tank being top priority.

I love my aqua Clear, I had a 50 on a 2.5 planted tank!

its acrylic but once again i just got home too identical cubes with water in the same location the one with standing water is 63 degrees and the one with fluval is 70 so I guess this means I wont be able to run the fluval unless it is only raising the temp by 7 degrees cause the room is cold

I Wonder if it would be less of a difference if the tanks were both at 78 degree room temperature

I am planing on keeping zoos rics acans and maybe sps

Archived