Pod Your Reef

Powerhead setup

polok121

I have a 20g long tank. what is the best setup and direction of the powerheads? I have two Koralia nano Centrifugal Pumps, is that over kill? i placed them on opposite sides on facing the top, to break the water. and the other one facing th front glass at an angle? I dont want to create a whirlpool :P

well...Im just wondering because my Clown fish that i just bought seems to be staying in the corners away from the flow. I think it could be because of the currant????? Are fish that picky?

well...Im just wondering because my Clown fish that i just bought seems to be staying in the corners away from the flow. I think it could be because of the currant????? Are fish that picky?

IME clowns tend to stay in one corner. I really doubt it's from the current. I would also suggest more flow, just have them on opposite ends to create a random wave effect. It's ok to break the surface a little bit to.

I have a 20L also, and I run two Koralia 2s. Two nano would be not enough flow IMO. I debated running a nano and a 2, but think that two number 1s may be the best bet. In any case, I don't think your clown is "flow shy." Clowns do kind of stay in one area, from my experience. I'd leave your flow alone, if it's just the clown you're worried about.

I have a 20L also, and I run two Koralia 2s. Two nano would be not enough flow IMO. I debated running a nano and a 2, but think that two number 1s may be the best bet. In any case, I don't think your clown is "flow shy." Clowns do kind of stay in one area, from my experience. I'd leave your flow alone, if it's just the clown you're worried about.

I should probably add that one contributing factor to my considering downsizing my K2s, to K1s, is that I also run a seachem 100 protein skimmer on my 20L. Its a big protein skimmer fo that small of a tank...I could probably get away without one at all.....It adds a lot of flow. So 2x K2s may work well for the tank without the skimmer.

Archived