Coral Vue Hydros

External Pumps

Haagenize

What's the cheapest/quietest external pump for about 350 gph after 2' of head loss?

What I came up so far is between the Quiet One 2200 (581 gph) which is $41.95 and the Mag-Drive 5 which is 500 gph for $62.99 or the Mag-Drive 3 which is 350 gph for $54.99

I like how the Mag Drives use 1/2" tubing A LOT, but I heard they might be quiet noisy. The Quiet Ones seem nice but they are 1" tubing which is really a pain I think, does anyone know why it's so big?

Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions

I have the QO2200 and it is very quiet and reliable, had it for about a year now. I would recomend it. You could easily change the tubing to 3/4" if you get the adapters.

I'd vote no for the magdrive. I have a 9.5 sitting in my sump on a rubber pad just to quiet the vibrations down. They also get very warm when used externally.

They aren't a big brand for some reason, so reviews are hard to find- but they are great. Very quiet, and pretty energy efficient also.

I used one a few years ago and loved it. Had one recently, but never got around to using it, so I sold it.

Archived