Innovative Marine Aquariums

I Call him hairy...NEW PICS

mnherper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!!! My first thought was that you needed to try and braid it. I love the brittle stars in there. They are like hair ornaments! Barretts.

You should submit that picture somewhere. Bet you could win something for it!

petkingdom619

I got the same damn thing on two of my snails. If I pt them in my sump will that algae be able to somehow get into the display. I want that clean.

I got the same damn thing on two of my snails. If I pt them in my sump will that algae be able to somehow get into the display. I want that clean.

hairy and his Friend are the only place there is hair algae in the tank.

:haha:

Holy chit!!! That's funny stuff right there!

I just saw this thread, but you owe me a new keyboard as I spit scotch all over mine!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The Propagator
i don't plan on giving him a hair cut he is my in tank refuge. :P

:haha: I was just going to say something along those lines my self :haha:

Algae, algae everywhere, but not a bite to eat.

Like a dog chasing his tail I bet LOL!

got some new shots of hairy and his friend ryan1069.jpgryan1087.jpgryan1085.jpg and now both of them ryan1089-1.jpgryan1088.jpgryan1083.jpg and a fts to show there is not a lot of hair algae in the tank ryan1067.jpg there is all kinds of algae in it but not a lot of hair.

Reminds me of a story about a slime mold that got loose in a lab and started climbing up walls. A janitor walked in one day and saw the mold while cleaning. He freaked out and ran out of the lab. Hairy there seems to be the exception to the rule that algae aren't capable of rapid movement. I really think he adds a nice decoration to the tank. Priceless. He's like a mobile ecosystem. Very cool.

Archived