Innovative Marine Aquariums

Need help with nozzle on return

Kimberly63

Okay so if I have a lockline return nozzle in the display and my power goes out how do I keep it from pulling a crapload of water through the lockline down into my sump? do I have to keep the nozzles right below the water surface? How do other people keep their nozzles way down in the water and not worry?

a ball valve is a good idea. But I just keep my return at the water surface and it can only siphon about an inch before it would drain below that line and break the siphon.

I really need to get a ball valve to prevent siphon all together. But I just haven't done it yet.

bonsaidarrell

As other have said, keep the return close to the surface. You can also drill a couple of small holes into the piece that screws into the bulkhead, that will break the siphon and still allow you to aim your nozzle down. I did that, but actually ended up pointing the nozzle up anyway, to get more surface motion. Also, make sure you have room in your sump to hold the water that will drain back.

Is there a cheaper check valve that i could buy? $23 + shipping seems so expensive. This stupid tank build is already costing me a fortune -_-

Archived