inTank Media Baskets

How to Skim a JBJ NC6

bredler

I would like to put a skimmer on my JBJ NC6. I have the 1st chamber filled with: a carbon bag, heater (in a cage so it has free water flow around it) and sponge for mech filtration. Chamber two is a reverse photosynthesis chamber, and chamber three has a pump but that's it.

Thoughts on how to skim this bad-boy?

I was thinking either a HOB or making a pseudo HOB DIY.

Doesn't seem worth the time and effort to me. I wouldn't normally come in here and say that, but, since nobody is really answering the question, I thought I'd at least let you know I read it. ;)

Doesn't seem worth the time and effort to me. I wouldn't normally come in here and say that, but, since nobody is really answering the question, I thought I'd at least let you know I read it. ;)

Thanks. Also, one reason I bumped is because the forum often displays the top few posts as 0 read (so I had no idea if anyone saw it) but with replies...this thread now looks like that for me when I view it in the forum.

I guess I'll just keep up on the 1gal weekly changes until I set up my 30long...blehk >_<.

I would like to put a skimmer on my JBJ NC6. I have the 1st chamber filled with: a carbon bag, heater (in a cage so it has free water flow around it) and sponge for mech filtration. Chamber two is a reverse photosynthesis chamber, and chamber three has a pump but that's it.

Thoughts on how to skim this bad-boy?

I was thinking either a HOB or making a pseudo HOB DIY.

We can get carried away thinking that adding more things to our tank will make it better. But doing so may only yield marginal returns. I have a nc6 but I am more concerned with evaporation than skimming it.

We can get carried away thinking that adding more things to our tank will make it better. But doing so may only yield marginal returns. I have a nc6 but I am more concerned with evaporation than skimming it.

Yeah, I just added an ATO yesterday and it seems to be doing a good job. One problem though seems to be with water testing...if I test the SG, the hyrdometer takes out enough water to trip my gravity ATO.

Yeah, I just added an ATO yesterday and it seems to be doing a good job. One problem though seems to be with ou can er testing...if I test the SG, the hyrdometer takes out enough water to trip my gravity ATO.

either turn off your ATO when you check for salinity or get a refractometer. You will only need a few drops to test for salinity.

You can get easilly carried away trying to add things to your cube. I have a 6galnc also and i added a chiller,acjr and im going to be putting a media reactor on it in the coming weeks.

Archived