Innovative Marine Aquariums

Visi-Jet Ps100 Aquarium Protein Skimmer

HuBu

i wouldnt waist any money on it anyway. for the 29 you are gonna set up i would recommend a bakpak or a berlin hang on if you arent doing a sump type system.

i was thinking of the ecosystem 40 but the price tag on it is too high for me. i have considered a sump but thats too much planning and stuff with all the piping.

look inot the cpr hangons im not sure there pricing but i think it is considerably less than the ecosystems. youcould even do a sump for half the price of the ecosystem. a sump refugium would do the same thing as the ecosystem would.

Nishant3789

hubu, the sumps arent ALL that hard really, i mean all u need to have is a pump, two if u want, and tubeing i mean if u thinka bout it, all u need to do is have one pump pumping water or syphon from the main tank to the sump then have the otherpuimp pump the water back to the tank at the same flow rate.

nishant

HUBU, go for the CPR if you can.  I read mostly very good reviews on this skimmer.

The visijet I read mostly crappy things about it.

IMO its not worth it.  

I have a RedSea Prizm, and its just decent.  

Go for the CPR even if you have to pay the extra for it.

IMO you'll be happier with a good quality skimmer and less money in your pocket than a crappy skimmer and saving a few bucks.

The visi-jet was the biggest piece of poop I EVER bought.

Do you know it's held together by a plastic wire tie?

That wire tie was prolly the most sound thing about it.

The bak-pak is a good choice, I run a red sea berlin on my 35hex with a Mag7 instead of the rio2500hp it rocks!

Either one would be great for your tank.

GL,

Toy

yeah thats what i m looking into. gonna try to get the cpr bakpak 2r. dont know if i should get all those other add in for it. like the bubble trap and stuff. yeah i was just wondering about the visi-jet skimmer because i saw it on ebay for like $20.

second2n0ne

Leave out the extras on the 2R for now...see how it behaves in your system first.  If it is returning a lot of bubbles into the main tank then invest in a bubble trap.  The multi chamber design does do a good job reducing the bubbles.  Be aware that if you dose Bionic or similiar Alk/Calc additives, that these tend to cause an excess of bubbles that may be returned to the main tank.  This is normal and should clear up in 3-4 hours.  Simply place the collection cup on the second chamber so that you don't "skim" these additives away.  This trick is especially useful if you use phytoplankton.

second2n0ne

Sure do, and very pleased with performance.  A lot of people will advise you against a skimmer but mine has been removing crud daily - couldn't imagine NOT running a skimmer.  Another tip, upgrade the PH to a MaxiJet 1200 with the optional venturi kit.  You'll find both at premiumaquatics.com.

Personally, I don't skim my reefs, but I bought a visi- jet for my 40gal. sw setup, and would love to strangle petsmart.com for selling me that piece of s--- and not taking it back because I set it up. Oh well, live and learn. If you have to skim, the cpr is great, the prizm is what I use, and skilters are supposed to be good, but I never used one. Avoid sea clones, too. A friedn of mine bought one, and it sucks rocks.:chainsaw:

Archived