Coral Vue Hydros

maxi jet is too loud

aj1980

I have a maxi jet setup against the glass using the 3 suction cups and it hums really loud.

Since, the tank is in my room, it really bothers me.

Has anyone have the same isuue and might have some sugestions?

I need the maxi jet on 24/7 due to it's contected to the chiller.

Thanks

gulfsurfer101

You can try to make a small lift out of eggcrate for it to sit on. That's how I have mine in my sump. I basically just made a small box out of eggcrate for my MJ1200 in the corner of my sump and just sat it on top and just plumbed it to return back into my tank. It never makes any humming that I can tell.

my mj's are held on the same way and there is not much noise at all. take it apart and clean it. while doing this check the impeller assembly for damage/debris

p.s. try having 4 tanks in your room....

Are they held by 3 sucutions cups?

You don't have any humming noise?

I don't think it's dirty because it's been running for about a week now but, I'll try to clean it.

I'm pretty sure it's just vibrating against the glass.

my mj's are held on the same way and there is not much noise at all. take it apart and clean it. while doing this check the impeller assembly for damage/debris

p.s. try having 4 tanks in your room....

neanderthalman

I don't think it's dirty because it's been running for about a week now but, I'll try to clean it.

The point everyone is trying to make is that MJ's don't generally vibrate enough in the first place to cause significant noise when coupled to the glass. Root cause is excessive and uncharacteristic vibration in the MJ, not the mounting.

correct, thats what I said, the same way. NO noise. I have 3 of them this way. no noise. something isn't right.

the 3 cups not only act to secure the pump, but also act as vibration dampners, kinda like motor mounts absorb some of the drivetrain vibrations in a car.

I too have an MJ1200 mounted sideways against the glass using the 3-suction cup holder and have ZERO noise from it. Your's is dirty and needs to be cleaned. These pumps make virtually no noise.

Archived