Top Shelf Aquatics

Will a Maxi-Jet 900-1200 fit into a BC8?

Kevin McG

Looking to increase flow a bit on my bc8 from my current minijet 606. would love to drop a MJ 900 or MJ1200 on there.

Thanks Everybody

Are you saying IN the display part or in the 3rd chamber? No to the 3rd chamber. I think it would be WAY too much in your display.

Most of us change the stock pump to the MJ606 and turn up the volume! Also, if you replace the tubing from the return pump to the outlet and get rid of the elbow joint you will get better flow. I also used a Koralia nano and got plenty of flow.

Hope that helps!

Are you saying IN the display part or in the 3rd chamber? No to the 3rd chamber. I think it would be WAY too much in your display.

Most of us change the stock pump to the MJ606 and turn up the volume! Also, if you replace the tubing from the return pump to the outlet and get rid of the elbow joint you will get better flow. I also used a Koralia nano and got plenty of flow.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, yes I was talking about the 3rd chamber. I am currently running the 606 turned all the way up. When you say "remove the elbow" do you mean just run tubing to the outlet from the pump? makes sense to me :)

Kevin

Archived