Top Shelf Aquatics

lgreen's 18g ADA

lgreen

I emailed ADA group today to see if I could get an update on when the tanks would be back in stock and their response stated the tanks would be back in stock in 6 weeks.

WTF...they told me it would be 6 weeks over 2 weeks ago...now I have to wait an additional 2 weeks?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through this with something else I ordered. Item was high cost and back ordered. I was told 3 weeks which turned into 3 months then finally 6 months before I got it. Don't be afrraid to stay on them about the order and expet perks (at least I would) if they drag it out too long.

:( I'm sorry! I hope it doesn't take forever to get your tank - you're probably itching to get it started! lol

What are your plans for it? SPS? Any luck with a stand?

I went to the hardware store today and got samples of moulding trim to see what I'd like on my stand. I want the stupid thing finished! :lol:

:( I'm sorry! I hope it doesn't take forever to get your tank - you're probably itching to get it started! lol

What are your plans for it? SPS? Any luck with a stand?

I went to the hardware store today and got samples of moulding trim to see what I'd like on my stand. I want the stupid thing finished! :lol:

Well, with the clutch thing it's not like I can afford to set up the tank at this second anyways, so whatever.

SPS, LPS, little of everything, but probably no fish for a good while.

No stand either. I think I will just build one, but I may not have time to tackle that for a week or two.

TheKingInYellow

Hammertone reflector on that light?

How do they compare to the standard sort of reflectors? Not that it's going to matter much with 250w over 18g of tank :D

Well, with the clutch thing it's not like I can afford to set up the tank at this second anyways, so whatever.

SPS, LPS, little of everything, but probably no fish for a good while.

No stand either. I think I will just build one, but I may not have time to tackle that for a week or two.

Do you have another tank set up or are you starting from scratch?

Let me know how your stand turns out if you do build one! It feels great doing something custom for yourself :happy:

Do you have another tank set up or are you starting from scratch?

Let me know how your stand turns out if you do build one! It feels great doing something custom for yourself :happy:

It will be from scratch. I haven't had a tank set up in almost a year! Crazy huh?

Will do. I'm keeping an eye on how your stand turns out and may steal a few ideas from you.

That's nice, but a little spendy! I'll probably go w/ the new 150w Aqua Medic Spacelight EX w/ a 20k Radium bulb unless I can find a REALLY good deal on that nova II.

i have a nova II. :)

20090208-qna8s9u8dt1tuuskc656yppkdy.jpg

20090208-8wgiyaw3kq6gma5d3tkaja4daj.jpg

about half way done w/building it, then got to stain/lacquer it

It should look like this when it is done, although I'll either keep it the natural poplar color or black lacquer it.

standfinished002.jpg

I just put a deposit down on a new townhome closer to where I work, so it sounds like I will most likely be moving in the next 15-20 days.

Guess that will delay setup a little more, haha.

I just put a deposit down on a new townhome closer to where I work, so it sounds like I will most likely be moving in the next 15-20 days.

Guess that will delay setup a little more, haha.

You and your damn excuses. :D

Archived