Coral Vue Hydros

skeletor's 20.

skeletor

thought it was about time I posted a pic.. here it is, with some more growth pics to follow in the coming months.

after a long battle with hair algae I think I'm finally winning. my new weapon of mass algae destruction is a tuxedo urchin. he's an awesome little fellow (he's in the bottom right corner) who chooses to decorate himself with a clump of macro.

anyway, the tank is now full. :blush: I did a box trade with a guy out east and got 4 monti cap frags, 2 monti digi frags and a 2 headed candy cane. I also scored a nice acro for $9 at the LFS today, and picked up a couple of extra clams (a max and a crocea)...

The xenia is getting out of control. hopefully Hurricane will come good on his offer to take some away.....

lighting is 175w HM 20K XM plus 2 x 55w PC Actinic. I keep Ca at 440 (with Kalk) and Mg around 1400. tank is a std 20, HOB overflow, 5 gal split sump/fuge, CPR bak pak HOS (hang-on-sump), mag7 return thru a SCWD. FW auto top-off done DIY using a dosing pump/dual float switch, kalk (ball's pickling lime) is dosed with another dosing pump at night (1/2gal per day).

tank has been up for a couple of years now, in some form or another (it started life as a 10). evil aiptasia wiped out almost everything while the tank was in the care of others for a while but I got it back 5 months ago and things have taken off again.

here is a pic from 5/24/03:

fulltank052403.jpg

and here it is today:

fulltank092503.jpg

-skeletor-

Pic of the mag and SCWD please. I really need to see how people are connecting all that and would appreciate it!

Nice tank BTW! Love the SPS, especially that cap. :)

ok jdsabin1, I'll post some pics of the plumbing....

basically, the mag7 has a 1/2" outlet, right out of the pump I go into a 1/2 to 3/4" converter then into a 3/4" ball valve. the other side of the ball valve has a union, then a 3/4" check valve. the union makes it easy to remove the pump for cleaning etc. ok, out of the check valve I have a 3/4" hose barb fitting and then I used 3/4" smoked vinyl hose all the way up to the scwd. the scwd hangs off the back with a perspex bracket I made and a couple of cable ties. Output from the SCWD goes into more 3/4" vinal tube then into some PVC fittings and into the tank. I'll take some pics this afternoon..

C Jerome, that yellow stuff on the front right is zoo's.

-skeletor-

Originally posted by skeletor

C Jerome, that yellow stuff on the front right is zoo's.

-skeletor-

While you're at it skeletor, can we get a closer pic of those zoos? Those remind me of my sun coral. Where on earth did you get yellow zoos like that? Very nice!
  • 2 weeks later...

nope, Hurricane scored some last week when he came to get some Xenia...

I still have enough for perhaps one more person to drop by..

-skeletor-

Archived