Coral Vue Hydros

Remora Nano versus regular Remora

iNanoReef4food

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol @ koralnoob.

Remoras are great. I think for the money they are more than decent. I have used the standard and nano versions, and they both perform well when adjusted correctly. They are also easier to adjust than others, like the tunze.

lol @ remoalovers

remora's sux, i dont care who uses em and says they're cool, they just plain sux.

if you like remora/urchin skimmers then your a noob,

and you never owned a skimmer worth a damn.

Prizm sucks

Seaclone sucks

Remora sucks

And Remora "Pro" STILL SUCKS...A LOT

why is everyone so angry?

because we live in a world where remoras are considered good skimmers by noobs,

and stupid reefer lemmings are scared to try anything different than what they hear in other noob posts.

...i didnt start out too super agro, it took a few posts to turn me into a "hater" :flower:

well, for hob's

my favorite was the cnc marine,

it had a sicce psk2500 and 3.5" neck...

but thanks to CV, who loves to steal designs from SWC and (now gone) cnc marine,

that hob is no longer.

CV now has a octopus hob with the sicce psk 2500(octopus bh-800)

but it only has a 2.5" neck, which is waaay to small, so it's bust...

Warner Marine makes awesome hob skimmers, i own the WM h1, and have installed a couple h2's on different tanks.

they are productive, quiet, have a tendancy to skim wet (which i love), and can accomodate a heater and small bag of media in the body.

http://www.aquacave.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=701

wmh11.jpg

i also like the SWC bh-500, that gets 500lph of air, has the pump in the skimmer body,

and also has plenty of room for heater/media bag.

http://saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?m...p;products_id=5

i used to own a deltec mce600, and it skimmed great, but was loud, and drove me nuts.

they do make a sound dampening kit for it, but i dont suggest anyone spend $600+ on a hob, really.

Or you could just use a remora, because they do a decent job.

I've set up huge skimmers, everything from deltecs to BK's. Its apples and oranges.

Or you could make your own skimmer for cheaper.

i'd love to see the norcal rap star hob skimmer, it sounds like a real winner!!

Or you could just use a remora, because they do a decent job.

I've set up huge skimmers, everything from deltecs to BK's. Its apples and oranges.

so your saying that because you set up some good skimmers that somehow justifies your poor choice of a hob skimmer??? that's even worse that just liking it out of stupidity/inexperience.

this is the thing i dont get, noobs...

when you have a nano sytem, as you all should know, problems with chemistry balance and excess nutrient are paramount because of the lack of buffering capacity of such a small amount of water. so why then would you entrust your investment of several hundreds to thousands of dollars to a filtration device that is just "decent" at best on a good day??

yeah, that makes so much sense...i think you might just start a new paradigm shift with that kind of foreward thinking...

"chemistry balance" (lol)

Methinks perhaps you're clueless. I tried being civil.

lol...wtfe

i was obviously paraphrasing for the ignorant. also, if i had said ionic balance of elements,

you would most likely have been confused...im trying to keep in simple here.

and with your own posts you have already revealed who the clueless one really is :flower:

lol...wtfe

i was obviously paraphrasing for the ignorant. also, if i had said ionic balance of elements,

you would most likely have been confused...im trying to keep in simple here.

and with your own posts you have already revealed who the clueless one really is :flower:

lol, this is a pretty funny man right here...How can you say that the remora "sucks", give me the reasons that they suck. IMO, they are one of the best skimmers you can get for a nano tank under $200, and they do their job plus some.

And weren't you complaining that the Remoras were expensive...why are bringing up $170 against your "alright" Warner Marine at $230....hmmm

Kiss my days worth of skimmate fool... and dont hate

DSC_0003.jpg

lol, this is a pretty funny man right here...How can you say that the remora "sucks", give me the reasons that they suck. IMO, they are one of the best skimmers you can get for a nano tank under $200, and they do their job plus some.

And weren't you complaining that the Remoras were expensive...why are bringing up $170 against your "alright" Warner Marine at $230....hmmm

DSC_0003.jpg

PWN

:owned: (koraltek)

This is a great thread...

But to be honest...I have heard tons of negative talk on the Remora...and even more on the Seaclone.

I have a seaclone and I hate it... I can't stand the look of having a HUGE PUMP and FOAM TUBE sitting in the middle of my 29 gallon tank. It looks lame as hell...so I have no filter/skimmer on my tank...just a powerhead.

I like where KoralTek is coming from...and I love the honesty...

I've looked into Octopus Skimmer...something like the BH-100F or the BH-300F...which has the motor inside the actual skimmer...not inside your tank. SEE HERE!!!!

KoralTek...what do you think of the two octopus skimmers I listed above? I thought for the price...$150-$179...they were great.

DSC_0003.jpg

lol...you f'ing noobs are good for troll fun, i'll tell ya this much.

i might actually care about some of the whining from the peanut gallery if i hadnt been reefing when you dorks were wearing pampers. in fact, i smell a load in your diapers right now...

PWN

:owned: (koraltek)

the only thing that's getting p0wn3d here is the poor fish and corals you noobs have brought home to kill slowly with your remora and inexperience...

This is a great thread...

But to be honest...I have heard tons of negative talk on the Remora...and even more on the Seaclone.

I have a seaclone and I hate it... I can't stand the look of having a HUGE PUMP and FOAM TUBE sitting in the middle of my 29 gallon tank. It looks lame as hell...so I have no filter/skimmer on my tank...just a powerhead.

I like where KoralTek is coming from...and I love the honesty...

I've looked into Octopus Skimmer...something like the BH-100F or the BH-300F...which has the motor inside the actual skimmer...not inside your tank. SEE HERE!!!!

KoralTek...what do you think of the two octopus skimmers I listed above? I thought for the price...$150-$179...they were great.

you've heard tons of crap talking about the remora's because anyone who has owned several decent working skimmers to compare it to know what a piece of shyte it really is.

i dont like the bh-100f/300f (owned the bh-100f) because of the totally lame resun pumps that burn up on you in a heart beat. they have models now that incorporate the regular otp pumps, which while they are still cheap crap, are much better than the resun pumps.

i myself just purchased the octopus bh-800 for my 30g oceanic sps frag system,

there are some issues with it though...

first, CV ripped this design off from SWC, which suxs, but then they put the sicce psk2500 in it, which is waaay too much power for a skimmer with a 2.5" neck, and then there's the annoying siphon inlet that you have to prime...

BUT, this skimmer costs $240, comes with a nice quiet sicce psk2500, and is insane power for a hob skimmer. it was an easy fix to just take out the PW impellar that has about 40 pins on it, and cut off 10 of them with an exacto knife. now the skimmer is pulling 8-10 lpm which is ideal for a 2.5" neck. your not going to find another hob skimmer that can offer you 480-600 lph air injection (after detuning the pump) for $240.

burtbollinger

koraltek, from what I can gather, youre an ___________. GFY. you remind me of the Comic Book guy from The Simpsons....even if youre not an ________________, you come off like one with your tone and know-it-all attitude. Theres guys just like you in every hobby, on every forum...lemme guess, you also hang out on muscle car and home theatre forums?

koraltek, from what I can gather, youre an ___________. GFY. you remind me of the Comic Book guy from The Simpsons....even if youre not an ________________, you come off like one with your tone and know-it-all attitude. Theres guys just like you in every hobby, on every forum...lemme guess, you also hang out on muscle car and home theatre forums?

lol, i am a _________. but at least im not a _________.

now you can stfu gandledorf, u little n00bl3t :wizard:

Archived