Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New tank - powerheads

sarah_nick

Hi,

Today I have just bought a new tank - an (BOYU) ORCA TL-550, which is 33 gallon. The tank has a protein skimmer, a UV steriliser, 4 X 24 watt T5 bulbs.

The waterflow isn't particulary high, so I need to add a few powerheads. I have a koralia nano in my 8 gallon so would like to keep to the same brand as I am really pleased with it.

For a 33 gallon I was thinking maybe 2 'koralia 1'.... but is this going to be enough? Should I move up to a 'koralia 2'? Or maybe even 2 of them?

Thanks

Hi,

Today I have just bought a new tank - an (BOYU) ORCA TL-550, which is 33 gallon. The tank has a protein skimmer, a UV steriliser, 4 X 24 watt T5 bulbs.

The waterflow isn't particulary high, so I need to add a few powerheads. I have a koralia nano in my 8 gallon so would like to keep to the same brand as I am really pleased with it.

For a 33 gallon I was thinking maybe 2 'koralia 1'.... but is this going to be enough? Should I move up to a 'koralia 2'? Or maybe even 2 of them?

Thanks

Probably a Koralia 1 and a Koralia 2

Thanks.

I've read that it's good to have one on each side of the tank facing each other - does that sound ok?

yup, reason for one on each end is that enough flow go throughout the tank, rather than just heavy on one side a weaker on the other.

rather than just heavy on one side a weaker on the other.

So if one was a koralia 1 and one was a koralia 2 - would the side with the koralia 2 not give a stronger flow?

Archived