Top Shelf Aquatics

Replacing RSM circulation pumps

tripleu

Hi all,

My 2nd hand RSM's circulation pumps are dying. One of them carked it, and the other is on the way out (despite cleaning impeller).

Just a thought, how about getting a small submersible circulation pump (like Eheim Compact) and plumb it into the two outlets? I think the dimensions should fit. The compartment where the stock RSM pumps sit has width 110mm and depth 80mm and the Eheim Compact is 94(h)x54(d)x78(w).

Thought that might be a cheaper way of doing things (LFS still haven't gotten back to me about getting replacement RSM pumps after a week) and also saves an extra powerpoint to plug my Koralia into.

Appreciate any thoughts :mellow: ,

Michael.

Hi all,

My 2nd hand RSM's circulation pumps are dying. One of them carked it, and the other is on the way out (despite cleaning impeller).

Just a thought, how about getting a small submersible circulation pump (like Eheim Compact) and plumb it into the two outlets? I think the dimensions should fit. The compartment where the stock RSM pumps sit has width 110mm and depth 80mm and the Eheim Compact is 94(h)x54(d)x78(w).

Thought that might be a cheaper way of doing things (LFS still haven't gotten back to me about getting replacement RSM pumps after a week) and also saves an extra powerpoint to plug my Koralia into.

Appreciate any thoughts :mellow: ,

Michael.

http://www.aquariumpart.com/Red_Sea_MAX_Parts_s/88.htm

has them in stock for under 20 bucks a pump....i got one of mine from here and have no problems

good luck

http://www.aquariumpart.com/Red_Sea_MAX_Parts_s/88.htm

has them in stock for under 20 bucks a pump....i got one of mine from here and have no problems

good luck

Thanks, that was quick.

Found their website before though, and being in Australia, they don't ship here..... :(

There's no shop here in Australia (that I can find online anyway with Google) that sells the circulation pumps.

Will keep searching.

Cheers,

Thanks, that was quick.

Found their website before though, and being in Australia, they don't ship here..... :(

There's no shop here in Australia (that I can find online anyway with Google) that sells the circulation pumps.

Will keep searching.

Cheers,

in that case PM SteveT and he'll give you red sea's number.....you can find out about replacing the pump

Archived