Cultivated Reef

stupid algae

fuzzyfishy44

Every morning i turn on my light in my tank and the water looks pretty clear and then when i get home from school the water is green so i turn the light back off untill the next mornin etc... and well can i do something to get rid of it , i hate algae so much!. I didnt know algae can grow and then die that quickly.

what are the parameter for your tank? check for phosphate? how old is the bulb?

the bulbs are about a year old, does it affect it that much? and my phosates are kinda high so i did some waterchanges, ugh its so depressing so I think im gonna purchase a uv sterilizer

in a way somewhat. but i would suspect high phosphate to be the culprit. do water changes and some phosphate absorbing media, or run a fuge with chaeto

in a way somewhat. but i would suspect high phosphate to be the culprit. do water changes and some phosphate absorbing media, or run a fuge with chaeto

I dont have a fuge for this tank because i didnt drill it, but i do have some cheato in my h.o.b. powerfilter. I did a 30 percent water change and now im just waiting for results.

-filters

~eheim 2213 canister

~aquaclear 50 powerfilter(with chaeto)

and some protein skimmer(forgot wich one)

• 3 weeks later...
I dont have a fuge for this tank because i didnt drill it, but i do have some cheato in my h.o.b. powerfilter. I did a 30 percent water change and now im just waiting for results.

-filters

~eheim 2213 canister

Canister filters are dealth to a reef aquarium in the long run. Water changes and chaeto work wonders....

Canister filters are dealth to a reef aquarium in the long run. Water changes and chaeto work wonders....

The Propagator

-filters

~eheim 2213 canister

Didn't we already go over this a week ago with you and tell you to remove the canister filter then ? You said you were going to ?

Why is a canister filter "death"? I've been running one for years with no problems. I am adamant about replacing the media however.

Archived