Pod Your Reef

pics of my 75gal. with Gulf-View rock

Jandree22

hey all... here's my 75gal. with 100lbs of Gulf-View Rock that I added about a week ago. 25lbs of it is eventually going into my bro's tank. In addition to the 75 I'm keeping, I have 20lbs of bleached Fiji rock from a tank that sprung a leak a few years back. I couldn't find our tripod, so bear with the quality, haha... Anyways, this is the "base rock". At $2/# this is some nice sh*t! Came loaded with coralline, clams, anemones, one or two corals, some crabs, at least one nassarius snail, a couple growths of macro algae, and I'm sure there's plenty more I'm just not seeing! HIGHLY recommended!!

Below is a full shot of my tank...

Sweet! Is the LR 'Cured'?!?! I'd hate to have that Stench o'Crak smell wafting through the house! (Referencing Crak's odiferous bout with some nasty rock in his 26g!)

nope, I believe it was only outa the Gulf for a few hours. It does stink a lil, but the way my shelving system is, the open surface of water is completely blocked by cabinet doors. In other words, the smell is contained....which doesnt matter anyways, it's in the basement;) But back to your question, I'm pretty sure it's fresh rock. I havn't checked the water params yet, so I have no clue what's going on there....i really need to do that soon, hah..

Archived