Top Shelf Aquatics

Acrylic work needed

Here_fishy

Hello everyone, I am looking for someone to build me a 40"x16"x16" acrylic sump. I want 3 chambers. skimmer/intake on one side, return in the middle, and refugium on the right side. Would like it made out of 3/8 acrylic. If anyone can do this for a reasonable price please let me know! Will also need it shipped to 14615. THANKS!

I think a 40 breeder is a little too wide for my stand, so that wouldnt work. I thought about a 30 long, but glass baffles are about $30 each to cut and polish and I would need atleast 4. I gotta call around to more glass shops and see if I can find a better price.

I think a 40 breeder is a little too wide for my stand, so that wouldnt work. I thought about a 30 long, but glass baffles are about $30 each to cut and polish and I would need atleast 4. I gotta call around to more glass shops and see if I can find a better price.

dude no way! $30 for each? wheretf are you going? i got 3 baffles and 2 other piece of glass i need from lowes for only $6.99. dont got to hd for glass or a glass shop. go to lowes! its uber cheap and they cut good lol and will do it on the spot for you and you can take of and go diy crazy. glass is also about 1/8" thick. so yeah! trust me! and if is lowes charging you that much. ill send you my recipt lol! and have then change the price.

also for baffles i guess its just people dont want water over flowing over baffles but if you look at mine. the way i made my buble trap if i turn off pump water goes over all baffles but if i turn it on then it stays level and the bubble trap baffle is only like 1/4" over the water lol looks tight and saves money if you dont wwant long baffles.

just go with a ten gal sump if your worried about space. just watch how you design it shouldnt be hard really. mine works like a charm.

IMG_0156-Copy.jpg

IMG_0157-Copy.jpg

IMG_0158-Copy.jpg

IMG_0159-Copy.jpg

IMG_0163-Copy.jpg

pump on. might look like water is going over bubble trap but its not :) no matter how fast my flow is it doesnt go over it muahah!

IMG_0167-Copy.jpg

pump off. when pump is off then it goes over all of them but ok.

IMG_0170-Copy.jpg

you would not want to order an acrylic sump if you are tight on money. you are probably looking at a 300+ sump with those dimensions. acrylic is not cheap. shipping is not cheap. you are better off looking for a used tank on craigslist that fits your stand and go to lowes like SK8URDEAD said and get some glass cut.

Archived