inTank Media Baskets

Will AquaC Remora Pre-skimmer work with Remora nano?

my name is mike

my name is mike

i am setting up a new 20 gal and based on space requirements (and no sump) i was looking at the Aqua C Remora Nano. I would like to use the maxi jet 900 (instead of the 1200) for wattage reasons (i think its 8.5 versus 20 and i want to keep temp down as much as possible in the summer)

my question is , the box is designed for the regular remora with the maxi jet 1200, has any one used it with the maxi jet 900 or the Remora Nano?

also, if anyone has any other skimmer recommendations ? -- i have been looking at the tunze 200 reef pack but i dont think i have room in the tank with the way my acrylic lid is set up.

I have the remora and skimmer box but I don't use the screws to hold it in place. I actually use a suction cup mod lol. I don't see why you couldn't use it on a nano. If you go to their web site they'll tell you for sure. The box is quite big but I do love it for keeping the surface water crystal clear of film.

dear god, that skimmer is a worthless POS, dont do it!!

get the WM h1 for that tank,

or the octopus bh-1000 or 2000

I haven't tried the nano...maybe it is a POS lol but the remora isn't, it's awesome. Maybe you should get that one instead (if it fits)

my name is mike

thanks everyone, good suggestions --

one of my problems is space constraints on the back , as i plan to also be running an aquaclear 70 fuge along side whatever skimmer i go with -- it only leaves my 7" or so , and many of the HOB skimmers are quite wide --

Archived