SaltCritters.com

can i be done?

Jimbo

i currently have a figure 8 and a spotted puffer and a mollie in a ten gallon brackish....i was wondering if it was possible to raise the salinity up to marine....then add a little bit of live rock and a clown fish possible... i was wondering if it was possible to do this...and if possible would these fish be able to live together in harmony?

the puffers can go full marine the mollies may be able to go full marine as well, slowly. I know of people that cycle with mollies...but this is just cycling, I dont know the long term results. But if its all working right now why change it? The cool thing about brackish fish is that the salinity can fluctuate, infact they like that. So you dont have to keep it at any 1 level.

Tat2dBrownDude

thats probably too big of a bioload when they get grown, the figure 8 puffer gets to like 7 inches and the spotted gets to around 4 to 6 inches. Plus they are both predators and fairly aggressive, add the mollie and the clown and that seems like a pretty heavy load on a 10 gallon, just my opinion =)

Can I be Done?

acoustic follows with the innocent, yet hysterical "Is all your equipment in good working order?"

I think that would be the reason why he is asking if he can be done.

harbingerofthefish

I think ta2d said it right. that's a hell of a bio load for a 10.

for aht its worth, and probally not much, I've seen mollys in a salt tank before. I always wonder why to do it though. with so many coo beautiful sw fish...mollys!?!?

In my opinion you already have too many fish in there. That tank is too small for the puffer dood. Ever seen a full grown one? Or a full grown clown for that matter? Get a bigger tank. Also, do you know what cycling is? That is what will happen after you put the LR in (unless it is VERY cured) and kill your fish. If I were you I would study the proper husbandry for the fish you already own before getting more. Your fish, if they could, will thank you.

Zizmans- you're fish CAN thank you, by not dying!

Jimbo - invest in a 30, or try trading one in at your LFS (one of the puffers, the molly is just puffer-food dood)

Archived