inTank Media Baskets

Micro-bubble Issue with Skimmer as Source

revaltion131

Hello everybody. I've had a micro-bubble issue that's been plaguing me for probably about three weeks now. My tank is a Solana AIO, still running with the stock skimmer and an Aqua-Euro-USA 400 return pump as the stock one shorted out on me back during a power outage a few months ago.

The bubble issue has slowly gotten more annoying and I'm in the process of converting my tank over to ZEOvit. Last night, I pulled out all of the LRR and chaeto that I had in the middle chamber so I could put the reactor in there. The reactor is running fine, but I've noticed a huge increase of bubbles just since last night, almost enough to make me think that the water level in the return chamber was too low. That's not an issue. I unplugged the skimmer, thinking that was the cause, and voila, no more bubbles.

My maintenance schedule on the skimmer: Once a week I clean the collection cup, every two weeks I remove the whole body and clean the body, pump, and collection cup, as well as siphon out the chamber it's in during the water change.

I am already planning on replacing the skimmer sometime hopefully in the next three weeks. Until then, I'm very wary of running skim-less with teh fish, clam, and SPS load I already have. Is there anything I'm missing that could cause this bubble issue, maybe the water level in the skimmer body? Thanks in advance for any tips you all can give me!

Unfortunarely that seems to be very common with the stock skimmer. Do you still have the balls and foam block in the skimmer?

Also what do you have in the 2nd chamber?

Archived