Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Acoustic's Nano-Cube Reef - 09/24/03

Acoustic

After a long battle with hair algae and cyano bacteria I have come out alive. They are just mere fragments of what once controlled my tank. Also, after a near disaster with some very brittle live rock I have had to re-scape everything. Anyhow........

Here it is, I hope you like it:

Looks great Acoustic! Colors are really popping! What is the blue and purple on the rock that the camera is picking up? It is subtle yet colorful enough to really catch your eye.

There pretty bad pictures for the kind of quality I usually put out but I had to hurry. (I have to clean the house before my fiance gets home.)

Acoustic = whipped.

Originally posted by Acoustic

The blue and purple surprisingly enough is coraline algae!

Those are the coolest coraline colors I've ever seen. Gorgeous! I wish I could get some to grow like that in my tank. Nice!

Littleoceans- I have been running a Jalli 2x13 watt light. But, it is not enough lighting. All of my corals have turned kinda brown and reach up towards the light like they are starving! So I have a dual 32 watt light on the way that I should be getting on the 29th!

Jbsabin1- Ironically, that rock that has all of the great coraline almost destroyed my tank the other day. I reached my hand in the tank to adjust it and it fell apart into pieces. What's left now is a rock solid fragment of it.

Jojopus- I did but the algae all but killed a little frag of it. It is growing back though.

Crakeur- I bought at Aquatics Warehouse for the fuzzy mushrooms it had on it. The mushrooms are now gone because of the algae.

Bobioden- I sold the sun polyps because the feeding process it required contributed to the algae growth in my tank.

Originally posted by Acoustic

Littleoceans- I have been running a Jalli 2x13 watt light. But, it is not enough lighting. All of my corals have turned kinda brown and reach up towards the light like they are starving! So I have a dual 32 watt light on the way that I should be getting on the 29th!

Are you going to be able to fit it under the hood? and is that a jbj 12 gal? Thanks...

Littleoceans and cliffrouse11baseball -

It is/was a Alife 10 gallon cube. The stock light that it came with was crap and died out after only 3 months. So I was forced to remove the whole hood and place a light that I was using on my terrarium for awhile. I knew that it wasn't enought light. So now my new hood is actually too big for the tank. It will hang over and inch on both sides. If it looks to bad I am going to get a little bit bigger tank.

Archived