Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Miniwhinny's 29

miniwhinny

Just took a few pictures today and want to share. It's very bare as I've only been adding things slowly. I have a bonded (not yet mated) pair of picasso's that this tank is home too. I don't have any plans on adding any other fish. So far I have a blue shroom, a sanctithome (sp?) shroom, a greenish shroom (!) a few zoas, some encrusting gorgonians that look like green star polyps, two clams - a small maxima and a slightly larger crocea and of course the usual round up of tiny feather worms, spaghetti worms, hermits, snails ..oh and a skunk cleaner who has no idea she should clean lol.

Thanks for letting me share

thread43.jpg

thread32.jpg

thread33.jpg

Here's my tank

thread29.jpg

thread35.jpg

thread36.jpg

thread37.jpg

thread38.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. I really lucked out getting some nice rock with plenty of shapes to it.

Here's a quick run down of stuff

29 aga

30" Sunpod 150 MH w/14,000k phoenix bulb

Remora skimmer

2 AC50's

3 koralia 1's

and as you can see it's BB.

...going to get fish pics....BRB

Took these pics a month ago. They're both ORA B's I just love their markings. I'm hoping to raise some babies when they decide to spawn :D

thread01.jpg

picasso06.jpg

picasso04.jpg

This tank is beautiful!

I :wub: your clowns!!!

Thank you :)

I tried supergluing frags onto my glass but my terrorist snails bulldozed them right off so I'm planning on getting some frag mags so I can get things growing on the floor, back and sides (where the red dots are). Does anyone see any reason why this many magnets would be harmful in any way? These are the ones I plan on using aqua-mags. I may skip the ones on the sides but for sure want them on the back and bottom.

thread40.jpg

no there should not be a problem but you can make your own for a lot less.

Oh...can you tell me how? Aqua mags are 3 for $19.95. I thought that was pretty reasonable but I'm always open to saving a few $'s :D

gotta share the typical cat picture ! These are my two barn cats who never go out to the barn lol ! They've decided that it's way cozier living next to the laundry room 20g ! They sleep next to it ALL day !!!!!

thread42.jpg

quick update incase anyone cares lol

Pulled the two ac50's last night in anticipation of my mushroom order coming (when it's shipped) just don't need that much flow. I now have 3 koralia 1's but they're all pointing horizontally just under the surface to keep the surface area with lots of movement and the lower areas nice and quiet.

angelacbishop

Love the rocks! Where are they from?

Crazy question...how would you use the magnetic frag plugs on the bottom of your tank if it's sitting on a solid surface? Wouldn't you have to drain the water and then lift up the tank to get the magnet under there?

bonsai reefer, thanks :D I love BB it's so easy to keep clean.

debbeach13, I promise :D infact I'll prolly do the "here comes the UPS truck pics" too hahaha

angelacbishop, the rocks are Marshall Island. Awesome rock if you can get some. It's light, porus and full of great shapes. I got mine from Premium Aquatics but I don't think they are getting it at the moment.

Also...the mag frags...I have the pine stand that aga makes and it's hollow...just wood around the edge where the tank sides meet it so underneith you can see the tank bottom so placing mags would be fairly easy. Infact that's how I painted the underside of my tank a sand color...I got in the stand to do it hahaha sure got a lot of paint on my face too hahahaha!

Tank looks great and the lighting adds a great color to your tank. I'm loving it!

Your lucky to have gotten nice shaped rock...darn you!

Why'd you decide to go barebottom?

angelacbishop
angelacbishop, the rocks are Marshall Island. Awesome rock if you can get some. It's light, porus and full of great shapes. I got mine from Premium Aquatics but I don't think they are getting it at the moment.

Also...the mag frags...I have the pine stand that aga makes and it's hollow...just wood around the edge where the tank sides meet it so underneith you can see the tank bottom so placing mags would be fairly easy. Infact that's how I painted the underside of my tank a sand color...I got in the stand to do it hahaha sure got a lot of paint on my face too hahahaha!

Ah ok, the magnet thing makes more sense now. I can only imagine how much fun painting from the inside of your stand was. I'll have to be on the lookout for Marshall Island rock if I ever see some. I'd love to incorporate a few nice pieces like yours into one of my tanks someday.

..actually I'm a "sir-ette" ;) But thanks for the compliment :D

Ok.. Sir Ette..

Love the clows......would you tell us where you found them?

Archived