Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Finally got a handle on my alkalinity usage....

The Propagator

The Propagator

Well after a good long while now of raising and testing my magnesium to proper levels ( it was down to 1125 in the sps tank ) there is absolutely no change in the consumption rate of alkalinity. Its still around 2.5 points every 3 days. The calcium how ever IS being used up a little faster now that things are truly balanced again. See I had switched from Oceanic which is high in magnesium to Seachem reefsalt which is a better salt but lower in magnesium and didn't supplement for it. I was using DIY additives all the while because while using the Oceanic salt I was fine. BUT while using a salt with lower magnesium I now have to add t to the tank.

I haven't noticed a big usage spike yet in calcium but I hop to soon ! ( that means the buggers will finally be growing ! LOL! )

Poor Marvin has been waiting damn near a year on me to grow out some PPRPE and armageddon zoanthids for him for a trade he has already sent me. TWICE something has happened to the PPRPE now, and the Arm's just wont grow at all hardly. HOPEFULLY this little adjustment will get them what they need to take off finally so Marv wont think I am ripping him off. ( honestly that's what I would think if I were him ! LOL! )

All of my zoas and paly's have been suffering from lack of growth but not like these fellas have been. SO hopefully the new found fix will jump start them ! :D

Archived