Pod Your Reef

Little shrimp / sand-flee critters

darwin604

I was moving some live rock around trying to re-organize my tank today and get the anemone out to take back to the LFS when I found some new inhabitants. There are several small things that look like bugs, kind of like an underwater sand flea / miniature shrimp. I also found what I've heard is a bristleworm. Good or bad and what do I do with em?

thanks!

d.

• 2 weeks later...

Seabass-why are pods good for your tank? I read on the forum that some people wanted to get rid of them. What exactly are pods? Do we need to feed them?

little bugs = good

little bristle worms=good

big bristle worm >3 inchs long= time to watch out and remove if the worm is easy to remove most bristle worms are harmless (I don't trust em) but if they stay hidden and I don't catch them bothering something I just let them be

the little pods eat detris and the almost everything eats the pods so you are making a good circle in the food chain :)

do ya have any fish yet?

No-no fish right now. I had a clown but gave it away because I thought my 6g was too small for it.

So, if pods are good for the tank, why do people want to get rid of them by buying a goble?

Archived