Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chiller for 28 hqi Nano Cube

force

So I'm on the market for a good Chiller. And I ran into an ebay link for this one...

Ebay 1/15HP Nano Chiller

By reading the description I feel that this one might be perfect for my 28g. HQI.

Has anyone used this chiller...and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Please, help me out...summer is coming pretty quickly.

burtbollinger

how much are you looking to drop temp?

you likely dont need a chiller....a fan should suffice...google the JBJ C-Breeze....it should be all you need...provided youre keeping the house below 80 with a/c.

on my nanocubes with 70w MH i use a $2.50 scroll fan installed into the back of the hood to blow air across the top of the water. it stays a constant 80 degrees on my 12g and on my 24g it actually works so good it will drop from 80 to 78 degress after the MH turns off if the fan is still running. i would try that first. check my tank thread for pics of where to install it. its a way cheaper alternative. i dont know how it would work with a 150w bulb though.

i have the older version BNIB, without the electronic controller and have never had the need for it. My cousin has the same on his NC28HQI and it works great on the tank.

how much are you looking to drop temp?

you likely dont need a chiller....a fan should suffice...google the JBJ C-Breeze....it should be all you need...provided youre keeping the house below 80 with a/c.

OMG that c-breeze is almost the same scroll fan i use! JBJ must be reading these forums. there was a few of us doing this a couple of years ago i still use this method for cooling. but seriously, the fans cost $2.50 at on a computer parts web site

burtbollinger

can you gimme a link on that fan? I just use a large floor fan set on low....it keeps my tank at a rock solid 78 with 150w MH. C-Breeze did look a little pricy...

EDIT: saw yours in your thread, tank looks nice btw. I think the C-breeze might be a good alternative if you dont wanna chop anything....it would just clip on the back and blow down into the water....anyway....bottom line is a fan is likely gonna cover your chilling needs. spend the extra money on some corals.

yeah i'll look for a link. it might take a while i ordered them 2 years ago.

heres a pic with the placement of the fan. i just traced the opening of the fan and cut out a hole to match. i glued it in with some 2 part plastic weld.

DSC03394.jpg

Archived