inTank Media Baskets

Mighty mite ro/di question

psykobowler

Hi all, I got a mighty mite ro/di and have a question. One output is pure water and another says to drain. Am I suppose to leave the drain output and pure water output open at the same time? There is a valve that came with the unit and I am not sure what it is for. I am assuming it is for the drain output. If I have to leave the drain output open that's a lot of water wasted down the drain. Please help. Did not get clear instruction with box.

Regards,

Glenn

Hi all, I got a mighty mite ro/di and have a question. One output is pure water and another says to drain. Am I suppose to leave the drain output and pure water output open at the same time? There is a valve that came with the unit and I am not sure what it is for. I am assuming it is for the drain output. If I have to leave the drain output open that's a lot of water wasted down the drain. Please help. Did not get clear instruction with box.

I just called airwaterice. They told me I have to leave the drain open to let the bad water out. Good thing I only made about 15 gallons with the drain output plugged. Otherwise I would have exhausted the di unit faster. It would have helped if the thing came with clear instructions.

Yes, the "drain" is your waste water. You can use it to water your plants.

Man, it's a lot of waste water. I believe the guy says you get a 1 to 3 ratio of good vs bad. I am glad I don't pay water by the meter. We pay a fixed price in sac regardless of usage.

I just called airwaterice. They told me I have to leave the drain open to let the bad water out. Good thing I only made about 15 gallons with the drain output plugged. Otherwise I would have exhausted the di unit faster. It would have helped if the thing came with clear instructions.

I got mine last week...the drain the you are referring to is not needed I think it's just for when you are not using the unit the water doesn't drain out all over the place...there's a flow restricter at the base of the waste water line where you cut and insert the line....I ran it straight and eliminated the valve altogether and my unit works great

Archived