Top Shelf Aquatics

Mattie's 20

mattie

GREAT TANK!!

really nice man...nice aquascape, varieties, everything, ddefinetly spice it up w/ some clams....im just startin on my 20L, your tank is something to aspire to... maybe one day you can frag w/ me....congrats on ur tank anyhow TOTM material definitely

LataZz

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a little maxima clam 2-3 inchs

he completes the tank

i am looking for 1 more sps branching coral and after that its just some encrusting stuffs

i now just need to plan to spend money on a Ca reactor

who makes Nano sized reactors :D

I am amazed on your tank on what you keep with PCs. Its simply amazing. How high are your pcs of of the water? Is the maxima in the rocks of is he in the sandbed.

Yea......

after 3 months of planning and 1 month of prep my new nano sized nano sump is complete. so no more cpr fuge even though it worked perfectly w/o fail or problem. i am excited about my new larger (slightly) capacity fuge/sump

it's a 5.5 AGA baffeled with a seaclone 100 HOB skimmer and the return is a maxijet 1200

i am trying a cpr cs50 for the overflow boxattachment.php?s=&postid=229820

OxInYourBox

Cool. Glad you got it going. :)

I'm thinking of putting an AC500 on the back of my 29G as a fuge vs. my MiniBow. Decisisons decisions.

Mattie,

Nice Fuge/Sump there. I was planning on doing the same thing as you, so I have a few questions. How easy was the plumbing? What equiptment did you have to buy? Lastly, what was the total cost?

I'm also upgrading from 2x65w to 2x75w VHO's and SPS/Soft setup. I hope to have my tank looking as nice as yours.

One last thing. Since seeing your post when you 1st set it up and progession to know is totally AMAZING. No joke. It's a total transformation that you should be proud of.

Keep Up the Good Work,

Alex

BTW, you have to let me know your reefkeeping secrets. ;)

i came home from a 2day trip to the mountains tonight and looked at my tank

it's looking pretty good if i do say so myself

okay the upgrade to the 5.5 nano sump cost

$12 5.5 aga tank

$4 tube aquarium silicon

$20 20X24 sheet acylic

$6 5lb bag of fine aquarium gravel

$19 maxi jet 1200

$1 3 ft 1/2 pvc pipe

$1 2 90' 1/2 pvc elbows

$2 1 ft 1 1/4 clear vinyl tube

$4 4 ft 1/2 clear vinyl tube

$70 CPR cs-50 overflow box

$6 u-tube return w/ movable nozzel

$10 c-clamp ( to adjust water return rate )

i already had a light so total cost was $155 not including 5-10 for shipping of a few of the parts

• 5 weeks later...

is not too hard to find but boy does it take time and carefull selection.

i am very near the point of being done and just watching it grow

here are some updated pics

i have many challanges with calcium lately and kalk was giving me problems so I am cheating by driping a soultion of Calcium from seachem and driping a seperate solution of kent supa buffer and my tanks Ca and dkh have never been so rock solid

my next challange will be for to rid myself of "redbugs" but i have everything ready i am just taking my time like i did for the upgrade from the cpr to the sump

i am glad to say that my corals are looking great and showing good growth even under my 260w pc lights

my little acro garden that sits in the middle of the tank

my 2 clams the little maxima i have about a month and it is slowily getting blue banding in the mantle :) i wonder if it will change color in time?

the tank has come along away since the start and each month i compare the growth of some things and it is amazing and most of the "pros" that i have showed my tank to are impressed so i must be doing something right. a few of the frags in the sand liek the orange monti digi and the small green monti digi and a tiny frag of orange zoo's will be gone soon i am trying to trade them for things i don't have or just to make room becouse i would like a third clam

FishingInMyNano

Mattie your tank is gorgeous. Looking at the SPS you keep in your tank under PC is inspirational.

I have a 15L thats 12" deep with 2x65 PC. I have been wanting to try a few SPS frags, could you recommend any I should try, besides the monti digi.

Archived