Innovative Marine Aquariums

Koralia Nano 6g

bredler

Will it be overkill to have the stock pump and a Koralia Nano in my JBJ 6gal NanoCube?

I'll be setting it up on saturday and I need a little extra feedback.

Also, what is a good general placement? I've seen them placed high in the tank and near the bottom. I think this will be a barebottom tank at least for a while to keep the detritus stirred up.

I have one in my 6g JBJ. I leave it off most of the time because it was just to much flow for the small tank. I find that upgrading to a Minijet 606 was a better way to get more flow and filtration.

I have one in my 6g JBJ. I leave it off most of the time because it was just to much flow for the small tank. I find that upgrading to a Minijet 606 was a better way to get more flow and filtration.

I was looking at the minijet...did you split the flow on the output to get turbulent flow? I think that's what I would really like to do but I'm not sure if it will decrease the flow too much.

Will it be overkill to have the stock pump and a Koralia Nano in my JBJ 6gal NanoCube?

I'll be setting it up on saturday and I need a little extra feedback.

Also, what is a good general placement? I've seen them placed high in the tank and near the bottom. I think this will be a barebottom tank at least for a while to keep the detritus stirred up.

Do this first, upgrade the pump like what everybody says and put hydor flo on the output. I have a nanocube6. Took out the noisy hood and gone topless. If you want the koralia nano put it on the side and aim it upward for more surface agitation. The hydor will redirect some of that current downward. Also, get the surface skimmer attachment, worth the money.

Do this first, upgrade the pump like what everybody says and put hydor flo on the output. I have a nanocube6. Took out the noisy hood and gone topless. If you want the koralia nano put it on the side and aim it upward for more surface agitation. The hydor will redirect some of that current downward. Also, get the surface skimmer attachment, worth the money.

You mean the little wier that goes in front of the opening to the back chamber? I got one of those, gotta epoxy it in place though, it keeps floating away at the water level I have in there.

You mean the little wier that goes in front of the opening to the back chamber? I got one of those, gotta epoxy it in place though, it keeps floating away at the water level I have in there.

Yes, the weir. When you place it there it creates a suction and sticks to the wall by itself. No need to glue because you would initially adjust level with it. I find the pump upgrade and hydor flo sufficient for circulation.

Would you believe I got all that including the nanocube for $50. I got it used off craigslist.

It floated because the oem pump is weak. Once you upgrade the pump it will stick by itself.

Well, it sticks to the wall, but I had the water level high...the result is it would stick to the back wall and float up only on one side while the other side was stopped from floating by the plastic binding on the top of the tank.

koralia nano in my 2.8g works great... just aim it up... the flow is really disperse you cant even feel it on the other side of the tank, but you can tell the water is moving... koralia are great pumps, you have to remember that its a dispersed flow not linear like your normal power heads

oh and they come with magnetic suciton cups so no worry about it falling

koralia nano in my 2.8g works great... just aim it up... the flow is really disperse you cant even feel it on the other side of the tank, but you can tell the water is moving... koralia are great pumps, you have to remember that its a dispersed flow not linear like your normal power heads

oh and they come with magnetic suciton cups so no worry about it falling

Yeah, I've got one in my ten that I will be transferring if I decide to go that route. It may be a dispersed flow, but it's not REALLY dispersed, I'll test it out and try aiming it up.

Archived