Pod Your Reef

coolworks ice probe

danpee

They work, several people on here have/do use them with good results. They are best used with a temp controller though such as a Ranco or better yet, a reef controller like an ACjr or ReefKeeper. or the poorman's method is to put on on a timer to come on either during your light cycle, or several times through the day. Good luck!

they look simple enough to do a DIY one,

what do you think the probe that sits in the water is made from ?

also what metal do they use for the little rod that keeps the impeller

straight in power heads ?

does anybody think a glass rod would work ?

they look simple enough to do a DIY one,

what do you think the probe that sits in the water is made from ?

also what metal do they use for the little rod that keeps the impeller

straight in power heads ?

does anybody think a glass rod would work ?

Glass might be iffy I'd think. Some use ceramic however, I have seen steel before though or at least something that eventually rusts. And others use titanium. As for the probe, I believe the housing that contacts the water is plastic. Really you don't want any metal in the tank at least physically contacting the water. Way too much risk of contamination and/or leaching of unwanted things into the tank.

Glass won't work well as it isn't a thermal conductor. You can go to nanotuners and get a waterblock and peltier and add it to your own heat sink and you are good to go.

Steve

Glass won't work well as it isn't a thermal conductor. You can go to nanotuners and get a waterblock and peltier and add it to your own heat sink and you are good to go.

Steve

I believe the OP was implying about using glass for the center rod of an impeller blade, that's how I read their question as at least...

bonsai reefer

I had 2 on my 12 with a 70w mh they did not do much but run my electric bill up They were constantly running but not doing much cooling

Archived