Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coralife protein skimmer

AllXJ96

So, Coralife is a very reputable name in lighting, so i would assume that it would translate to their other products, in short ive been looking @ their smallest protein skimmer, i can get it for about $100 shipped, what i wanna know is if this is a good protein skimmer, ive also been looking at their calcium reactor if anyone has any comments, please share, THANKS. I have a 29g biocube w/ a 5.5g refuge.

The CSS65 is a very good skimmer for the money IME, especially in a sump. It would be plenty for your tank. I wouldn't bother with the euro reef (nanoskims stuff). I'm sure they're good and all, but they fail when it comes to customer service. I speak from experience on that too.

The CSS65 is a very good skimmer for the money IME, especially in a sump. It would be plenty for your tank. I wouldn't bother with the euro reef (nanoskims stuff). I'm sure they're good and all, but they fail when it comes to customer service. I speak from experience on that too.

HI glennr1978,

Could you explain to me where Euro-Reef Nanosystems ( not Euro-Reef) ever failed you in customer service since you never bought anything from ER Nanosystems?

For clarification, Euro-Reef Inc. has been split in two seperate parts where I control the Nanosystems Division which has nothing to do with the other part.

I recall telling you that for your 60 gallon system I would have to built a 4"OD skimmer which was not in my immediate plans for the nano skimmer line.

What else did I not do?

Regards,

nanoskim

The coralife's are decent skimmers.

If you're willing to do alittle DIY work they can be even better.

I really like the fact that the coralife are cheap, but what DIY work does it need???

and NANOSKIM you have good lookin skimmers, but a little pricey for me, again i can get the coralife 65 for under $100 shipped

css65 is a good skimmer for in sump... most of the people who have overflows on them dont have them in stable water levels... i have had mine for 2 years with no problems... just a few simple mods here

I really like the fact that the coralife are cheap, but what DIY work does it need???

and NANOSKIM you have good lookin skimmers, but a little pricey for me, again i can get the coralife 65 for under $100 shipped

That's cool...enjoy it.

nanoskim ;)

Archived