Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquascaping with PVC

Deleted User 6

I have thought about doing that on a bigger tank, if I ever make it to buying a good sized tank. I thought it might be cool for making tunnels and extra openings inside the rock work, Of cut it in half lengthwise and attache it to the rear wall so you have tunnels along the rear wall behind the rock. I would think that you would want to use 2" black pipe. I would personally epoxy or glue live rock rubble, (small, like pebble sized) to cover all the pipe so it looks like metal pipes in the ocean covered by coral.

Deleted User 6

I'm considering drilling through the rock to put pipes down through them to connect them - this should help make some overhangs and arches.

yeah, give it a shot. as noted, folks have done this w/bigger tanks but you don't see as much of it in nanos. show us all how it works out!

Deleted User 6

Yeah, that thing is beautiful. I think I'm going to try the eggcrate base connecting all the pvc to it and have all the rocks sitting on it to keep the towers from falling over. This is all in the planning phase, so if I get around to doing it, I'll post pics.

You could also do the fake live rock... if you need a pvc support in 1 area and have no LR you can put it through, try making some LR out of cement. I'm not sure how thats done... but you could do something like that.

Deleted User 6
You could also do the fake live rock... if you need a pvc support in 1 area and have no LR you can put it through, try making some LR out of cement. I'm not sure how thats done... but you could do something like that.

Seen any examples?

Seen any examples?

If you do a search in the DIY section you should find some. I've heard of several people doing it on here.

Archived