SaltCritters.com

Anyone runnig a K2 on a BC 29?

touchthebutt

Seems like too much flow but I may have to position better. My K2 is up on the right hand top corner (looking at the tank from the front) near the surface intake. If I pont it straight the sand moves off off the front glass to the back., etc. Anyone runnig this setup with sand?

Seems like too much flow but I may have to position better. My K2 is up on the right hand top corner (looking at the tank from the front) near the surface intake. If I pont it straight the sand moves off off the front glass to the back., etc. Anyone runnig this setup with sand?

I point mine up and it seems to be fine, then i put a Y split on my stock and a few links one has stock head and the other has hydor flo deflector my corals love it everything from zoas to sps oh mine is a 29 bc as well.

I run a K1 on mine - it's about perfect IMO.

I don't think a K2 is too much flow, but I would put it on the back left glass below the stock pump return. Try pointing it a little bit up and across toward the front right corner of the tank. That should keep your sand kick-up down some.

I have a K1 on the same side as the return. It's towards the front of the side glass and a few inches down from the top of the water level. I have it shooting diagonally across the tank and angled down to brush some current along my LR. I'm also using a MJ 1200 in replacement to the stock return pump. With that combo I get good flow all over the tank, but the substrate isn't getting blown around.

jeez, in my 30g oceanic cube, i have a 2000gph maxijet mod, and 2 K nano's...

granted it is an sps tank... :D

you should set up a gyre...

i have my mj mod half way up on the back wall aiming up, and then the K nano's on the top of the back wall aiming foreward, it puts all the turbulence on the surface and provides excellent flow for all corals, also makes the bottom of the tank mellow enough to not move sand around.

Archived